Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Provisional Novice Licensing Procedure

Yes. Prov Novs can't enter Team 60 races though.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

If I take the LSTD CMRA License school on Oct 4th, and start on my Prov Nov work that weekend. Would my race license be granted for the following year? Seeing as how I wouldn't be able to complete my Prov Nov duties by the end of this calendar year. Also, if I choose to race the same weekend as the school, how do I go about choosing a race number to put on my bike for that weekend? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ugoh View Post
    If I take the LSTD CMRA License school on Oct 4th, and start on my Prov Nov work that weekend. Would my race license be granted for the following year? Seeing as how I wouldn't be able to complete my Prov Nov duties by the end of this calendar year. Also, if I choose to race the same weekend as the school, how do I go about choosing a race number to put on my bike for that weekend? Thank you.
    You have 1 calendar year to complete all the requirements for your license - both the corner working and racing. Your license this year is at a pro-rated cost. You would need to renew for next year but would still be a prov-nov if you didn't complete the requirements (technically you can still complete it this year).

When you complete the class and go to apply for your license they will have list you can choose from. There is a list on the board of taken numbers.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    "you are required to work two days of Corner Working (both a Saturday and a Sunday; a Friday at HMRC or the February round of MSRH can replace either your Saturday or Sunday) and two race weekends without crashing (minimum of two races per weekend)."

Does this mean that if we only have one race each weekend, that it won't count? I'm only planning on sprinting the ninja 300, so that's one race per race weekend right?

That's correct...it won't count. Minimum of two races per weekend.

There is more than one class for the Ninja 300
    such as Formula 3, LW Twins, D Superstock, D Superbike, etc.
    Nancy Selleck

Bike #
    You'll either have to do 4 race weekends. Or you can race something like F3 on Sunday to give you two races in the weekend.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    You'll either have to do 4 race weekends. Or you can race something like F3 on Sunday to give you two races in the weekend.
    is that permitted? Rulebook says min. 2/weekend and Nancy just confirmed.

Bike #
    I guess it's a case by case basis then I know Caleb did it that way.

I appreciate your help answering these questions, Dennis...unfortunately, your answer is incorrect.

Caleb Luu is a MINOR and only had one class that he could compete in at his age. Trey Walker had the same situation. So, they were allowed to race one race per weekend for four weekends to complete the racing requirement.

Unless a Prov Nov is a very young minor, then that situation will not apply to him.

Mr. McWilliams, I'm in the office M-F...please feel free to call or email me directly if you have any questions. I'm here to help.
    Nancy Selleck

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Selleck View Post
    Caleb Luu is a MINOR and only had one class that he could compete in at his age. Trey Walker had the same situation. So, they were allowed to race one race per weekend for four weekends to complete the racing requirement.

Unless a Prov Nov is a very young minor, then that situation will not apply to him.
    This is true! I only wanted him to compete f7 bc I'm a worried father! There's only one f7 race per wknd. He was too old for Jr motard but I felt not ready for the competitiveness of the 250 sprints. Had to drive to Hallet to complete his 4th wknd for him to get his prov nov completed and now has his race license so he can practice down in Houston on his 250 on trackdays. He'll be racing f4 or e superstock and LW endurance this year. Super excited!

Hi Nancy!

Sent from my Motorola Moto X