The 2011 season is fast approaching.

I've noticed a fair amount of chatter from folks worried about passing Tech. I thought it might be helpful if I go over some of the NEW and old procedures. I'll also include this in the SRs that will be e-mailed out shortly.

(1) Tech and Registration will be located in the north end of the building just inside and to the left of the main gate.

(2) Tech and Registration will open at 6:30am on Friday Feb 18th. (I would encourage everyone to pre-enter to save time standing in line.)

(3) We'll be running two full service lines in tech with two new tech ramps that hopefully no bikes will bottom out on.

(4) When you enter the tech bay an official will be checking your paperwork (receipts and contingency forms) <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">PLEASE DO NOT FOLD YOUR PAPERWORK!! </span></span>

(5) The same official will be issuing your contingency stickers so please have a list of the stickers you need.

(6) Remember that helmets must be inspected at every event. We check the date of manufacture and condition of every helmet. No helmets manufactured prior to Jan 2006 may be used in 2011. Also remember that <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">YOUR COMPETITION NUMBER</span></span> must be clearly displayed on your helmet.

(7) We'll also be checking your number plate placement and clarity at this time. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NUMBERPLATES ARE CLEAR AND PLACED CORRECTLY!!</span></span> (HINT: I've noticed a few pictures posted on Facebook and various other Mboards of bikes with numbers that will not pass tech. If you have numbers with a thin outline of white or yellow shadowing the numbers that is intended to be the background save yourself the trouble and fix it now, <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">IT WILL NOT PASS TECH</span></span>. Front numbers for this event must be on the <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">LEFT</span></span> side or in the center of the front fairing.

(8) You must bring your lowers to tech with your bike. (HINT: Place it over your tail section and secure it with a bungee cord.)

(9) We have new tech forms for 2011 that include a check list of things that must be safety wired and or removed to pass tech. There is a separate form for sprint and endurance machines. These forms will also be used to verify contingency so make sure they are fill out completely and correctly. You must submit a separate form for each machine presented to tech. If you miss something that fails your bike the inspector will check that item and return the form to you. After you correct the fault return the bike and form to tech to get your tech sticker. In some cases the inspector may point out a non-critical issue and ask that it be taken care of by the next event. In this case the inspector will enter your name, number, and the fault in a trouble log. If the fault is not corrected by the next event the machine <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">WILL NOT PASS TECH</span></span>. (HINT: Bring your bike to Tech ready to race, everything must be wired including brakes and axles.)

(10) Pit Bike ID stickers will be issued in tech beginning at the first event. ALL Pit Bikes must have a CMRA ID sticker and the owner’s competition number affixed. To obtain an ID sticker bring your pit bike to tech starting at 12:00pm on Friday Feb 18th. Pit Bike ID stickers are <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">MANDATORY</span></span>.

The purpose for Tech Inspection is to insure that every machine that enters the course meets a minimum standard of safety. It is not intended to verify class suitability. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is entering classes that their machine is legal for.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Read the 2011 Rule Book and don't just assume that because it passed last season it will pass this season.</span></span>

Lastly please do not argue with the inspectors if you fail tech. It's not personal, they're just doing their jobs.

I know there is still going to be many questions as we get closer to the first event so please don't hesitate to ask, that’s what I'm here for.

I look forward to seeing you all at MBSRC.