Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPIES TO DUCATI !

Re: SPIES TO DUCATI !

By the end of the year(or sooner), he's gonna wish he'd rode bicycles instead, unless something dramatically changes with Ducati.

The main thing the Ducati has been missing is a rider...

Maybe spies is that rider... Either way, he gets a free pass all next season... If he does mediocre it is the bike's fault... If he scores some good finishes then he looks like a hero again and possibly gets another good ride... It will be about the least amount of pressure and expectations as a GP ride gets...

Plus, he is probably going to make some decent bank riding it... Not a bad gig if you can get it...
    UNDERGROUND Minis
    I love to hide online!!!!!

Satellite teams deal with "media" less.

Easy decision for Spies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The main thing the Ducati has been missing is a rider...

Maybe spies is that rider... Either way, he gets a free pass all next season... If he does mediocre it is the bike's fault... If he scores some good finishes then he looks like a hero again and possibly gets another good ride... It will be about the least amount of pressure and expectations as a GP ride gets...

Plus, he is probably going to make some decent bank riding it... Not a bad gig if you can get it... </div></div>

Dude...what planet are you from...Casey Stoner is possibly the best possible rider and he struggled an eeked out a championship....that bike is a piece of crap.....do you really think Hayden and Rossi suck!

Let have Colin write a review on Ducati, it may be more entertaining than his interviews on CRT.
    Olay
    USB MOTORSPORTS
    CMRA #45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Dude...what planet are you from...Casey Stoner is possibly the best possible rider and he struggled an eeked out a championship....that bike is a piece of crap.....do you really think Hayden and Rossi suck! </div></div>

that bike went from being capable of winning races to being +30 seconds back at the finish line overnight... the only thing that changed was the rider...

i don't think rossi and hayden suck, but, hayden has never been top echelon in GPs and rossi is old and has been eclipsed...

from the moment rossi got on the ducati, he knew he was not going to be able to ride it like he wanted and instead of changing himself (too old to do that), he has expected the bike to be changed to suit him... rossi has not been able to give 100% on that bike and at the GP level, if you are not doing that, you are going to be left behind... even if ducati had been able to give him a bike that was perfectly suited to his every need, he is not as good as the lorenzo or stoner anymore... that is just the way of the world...
    UNDERGROUND Minis

This thread is now funny considering this weekends results.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Derek Thomas]
    Dude...what planet are you from...Casey Stoner is possibly the best possible rider and he struggled an eeked out a championship....that bike is a piece of crap.....do you really think Hayden and Rossi suck!

i don't think rossi and hayden suck, but, hayden has never been top echelon in GPs
    </div></div>

uhh...what were you doing in 2006 besides following motoGP?

i would hardly use 2006 as an argument that Hayden is at the top of the GP food chain... 3 other riders won more races than he did that year and his rookie teammate won as many (as well as having a signifigant higher number of poles that year)...

we could also bring into question the circumstances surrounding those 2 wins that season, but, that is hardly necessary...

add to that what he has done previously and since, and i absolutely stand by my original comment...
    UNDERGROUND Minis

Well John, at least at the end of the day, I know your opinion and $1 will still buy me a soda....thanks, you make me laugh!

Derek