Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puzzled with mini end. points

Puzzled with mini end. points

I guess this is a call out to Derek D. but I'm puzzled as to the awarded amount of points and the final finishing positions with the 2 hour rae events.

I can see the higher points awarded for the finish positions during a 3 hour and 4 hour.

But, would'nt the points be the same awarded across the board for the 2 hour races?

MSRH, Hallett, Hallett #II, ECR #II, and the Nov. race at TWS (which we all know that has not run yet).

I don't know what the outcome of the points adjustment with the one team during the 4 hr. at Cresson (I have no beef in digging that up) but beside that the 2 hour races do not show identical points awarded for the same finishes.

And no I'm not looking at the overall. I'm looking at the seperate Formula classes. F4.

So what is the scale of points awarded for a two hour?

Re: Puzzled with mini end. points

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim Johnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what is the scale of points awarded for a two hour?</div></div>
    Pending a more definitive answer from DD, Tim, please see Page 33 in the rule book. Note that endurance points are a combination of a 'fixed' value based on finish + 1 point per lap completed. That last part may account for the differences you are seeing. A 'slow/wet' race may have lower overall points than a 'fast/dry' race of the same duration due to the lower number of laps run.

I've not done any arithmetic against specific races, I'll leave that to you [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

Hope that helps.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Yep, 200 for 1st, 170 for 2nd, 150 for 3rd... + 1 pt per lap. So even same length (in time) races can be affected by rain or red flags and end up with significantly different number of laps. In fact, same length races at short and long tracks have a slightly different impact on the scoring.
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Wrong. Mini endurance is scoredndifferently from big bike.

I know the detail on the laps are incorrect. My team has none and a number of other teams look to have ~140.

That doesn't have anything to do with the scoring though.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Everything looks right to me. The red flag and the rain made for a lot less laps. And you get a point for each lap plus the normal points pay out per position.

This is where there is an issue with the data:

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...5028&amp;cl=90

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...5025&amp;cl=90

Points and scoring look right to me for overall and F4.

well I can certainly tell from the laps and times, believe the Cresson lasp and times were loaded with the ECR mini results!

Derek

E-scoring imported the wrong lap file. I don't have access to the files, and I really doubt between now and next Tuesday when I leave for a long vacation that'll have time to make any corrections. I can maybe fix it after the last race.

Thanks for everything you do to support the CMRA, Derek.

Have a great vacation!!!
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.