Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Run at ECR 12/9

Hybrid View

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Cool Toy Run at ECR 12/9

hey everyone,

very new to this and was thinking about taking my newly purchased bike to the toy run at ECR upcoming on 12/9

has anyone ever gone to this before ,and would it be a good start before getting on the track for the 2013 season!

thansk for any info on this!

This was us 2 years ago. We decided to wait and do an actual Track Day instead of this (we actually corner worked before we even did a track day). The main reason was we did not have leathers and they were not available to rent at the Toy Run.

That may be different this year. If nothing else you would meet a lot of great people if you go up.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    i just recently work turn 2 at TWS and have all the gear but was just wondering if it would be better to wait and do a track day??
    and i didnt know if instructors will be out there or its just a 3 class exchange of 20-30 min track time open practice

I would call Maggie at the track and ask her who/what they will have as far as groups and instruction. http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/contacts.php

I would expect it to be pretty laid back for this.

This is not a track day, it is a charity event. It is a December event so it is expected to be cold and poor traction. Most people go out to participate in the charity and hang out with friends. There will be cornerworkers but I don't think at every corner.

I would highly recommend for anyone to come out, bring a toy and ride, but don't expect to go as fast as you can.
    I will be one of the control riders but I wouldn't be giving out much of an advise other than not to fall down and have a jacket.
    If temps stay high as it has been, then we can definitely go faster and spend more time on the track.

Mike is correct, it will be very relaxed day, For those that are die hard track day riders; they can expect to ride as much as any other track day event if they choose to do so.

Maggie and Linda has been great to the motorcycle community, it would be great if everyone can make it to this event to help those that can't afford Christmas. It will be a great opportunity to raise the bar for the motorcycle community.
    Olay
    USB MOTORSPORTS
    CMRA #45

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'd describe it as an open lapping day, personally. It's a great day to come & ride and support a good charity. It's not a track day.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE

I hope that this will be a great time. I will be driving from Little Rock, Arkansas to come out. Praying for good weather!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    thanks for all the info guys!

sounds like ill be supporting the charity and load up the bike and take a few laps since ive never rode the track and just get out there for some fun!!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Sure wish I could come ride & support a good cause.....but I gotta work all weekend (again)
    Bill Klindworth
    68 Still kicking... just a bit slower #737

Good chance I will be there. How do you sign up ? Or do you just pay, bring the toy & food when you get there that morning ?
    Last edited by Rich Hazelwood; 11-20-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: didnt want to double post