Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Condition of the Track at Eagle's Canyon

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Condition of the Track at Eagle's Canyon

Has anyone heard about the condition of the track at Eagle's Canyon? Has the condition of the weepers been resolved either by nature or by man?
    Team Owner
    Mahna Mahna
    Somebody

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sprague View Post
    Has anyone heard about the condition of the track at Eagle's Canyon? Has the condition of the weepers been resolved either by nature or by man?
    Rode it a few weeks ago. Track was fine, but still weeps if ground has been wet during previous 2 weeks.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Taken off another forum:

Just to let everybody know, the crews showed up this week and started on the renovations out here at ECR. Rather than throw a fresh coat of asphalt over the track's myriad of problems, they are starting below ground, fixing the drainage and water problems so that new pavement will actually last.

The actual digging started today in turn two, laying down the first of 6 inch pvc drain pipes that will surround the track, as well as be bored under the track in the known trouble spots. Crews will be out Monday-Thursday from now until the project is complete, and I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm sure there are people here that know more up to date info.

Hey Ryan, how old was this post, is the same one posted right after the last CMRA round there.who posted it?
    and wow! ,6" pvc will not be enough , but i aint noe enginour ...lol
    i mean residential plumbing to the alley is 4" ............
    :/
    Joe Rodriguez

Yeah I used 6" french drains for my house to move water from the back yard to the curb. When it rained hard the drains could barely keep up. Would have thought something bigger was needed.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Most recent info Ive seen taken from another forum. This was posted today.
    When I was out there last month it rained hard early Sunday. Working my way around the track this is what I saw. We started riding around 11 IIRC.

1/2 - Wet early dried fast and was good by lunch
    3 - Normal
    4 - normal
    5 - was OK, little slick at the bottom. It was wet up top early but dried out by the afternoon.
    6 - normal
    7 - normal
    8 - horrible it seemed like there was a new spot weeping every session. This is the area I would be most worried about
    9 - surprisingly good. This area was horrible before the work started and the spot where the work has paid off the most
    10 - weeping from the concrete patch, there are also tar streaks that look like water along the cubing past the concrete patch but they are fine to ride over
    11 - was a lake after the rain and had to be pumped to get it cleared. It ended up staying dry. Watch for dust/dirt here early on if it flooded.

Not sure how much work was done since then. We will be riding it this weekend and will try and post up an update.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Jack, thanks for the detailed update!
    Team Owner
    Mahna Mahna
    Somebody

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    This thing is like the Dodge Ram of race tracks....broken from day one.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

^
    ouch!!!
    Joe Rodriguez

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    6 inch drains for a track on a few square miles, that's hilarious. How about some 4 foot drains.