Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED! 11/23/13 2014 Rule and Class Structure changes

no, these are not minis by any stretch of the imagination...

when i started racing, a 500 was a legitimate lightweight bike raced hard on sundays, but, these are the times we live in...

now lets get going on the unlimited 2-S class...
    UNDERGROUND Minis
    I love to hide online!!!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    ok. thanks for the reply WW.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
    There are plenty of 12-14 yo kids on 250s already. Its a great, relevant bike thats reliable. That means a kid can concentrate on seat time, and dad doesnt have to be a pro tuner to keep his kid on track. The real problem to me was a lack of bike to fill the gap between 250 and 600 or SV. Now with a place to ride a 500, we have that. This is a good formula, and it will work.
    You are correct Jesse.... I have a 14 year old that did not "jumped from elementary to high school without attending middle school first"... a mid size class's with adequate supersport ergonomic style that is used as step up for big size bikes, power wise, was missing in the CMRA class structure....

Although I agree that 500's are not minis but the possibility to step up from 250's/300's beforegoing to the 600's seems right and very positive... Hope Kawi comes up with a Supersport 500 soon as we need to stick to green bikes from now on...

Thank's Walter for this changes...

Javier Martinez-Abrego

Gabriel #196 Novice * Javier III #199 Novice * Dos Hemanos Racing #19 Mini Endurance
    Kawasaki de México | Dunlop | Motul | Galfer | Alpinestars
    Last edited by Javier Martinez-Abrego; 10-11-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Martin View Post
    you don't think the old ninja 500r would be competitive against the cbr500r?
    I think it very well could be competitive, but anyone wanting to build a bike from scratch to win the championship (assuming they don't have an EX in the garage already) would likely choose the reliability of a new Honda with it's ease of fuel injected tuning and growing aftermarket support, the SV650 / Motard sized 120/160 tires of the Honda vs the EX500's 110/120 / 140 Ninja spec tire.

Support is obvious with a series like this in progress... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlr_mImRODk

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Howard View Post
    Don't forget KTM will be bringing the Duke 390 into the states next year. A KTM will be making a run at the overall.
    Google images lies...sorry for the irrelevant post about the 390 being a v twin... but it is not only going to be delivered as a motard as suggested by http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...els-confirmed/ who says supersport versions are coming.

But, if the 390 Duke is a single, is it not eligible per the rules as posted. Do I read it right that only twins are allowed in 500 and 300 class?
    Last edited by Peter Shaddock; 10-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Anyone have a Ducati Supermono hanging out needing to be ridden, LOL

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Kawi had a 500. They produced it for 20 years and ended production in 2009. It would be interesting to see if they bring it back. As for the tires on the EX500 you can run a 150/60 with no problems. Stock size was a 130/70 and to be honest the 150 fit better.
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023
    Ex#29

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Shaddock View Post
    Google images lies...sorry for the irrelevant post about the 390 being a v twin... but it is not only going to be delivered as a motard as suggested by http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...els-confirmed/ who says supersport versions are coming.

But, if the 390 Duke is a single, is it not eligible per the rules as posted. Do I read it right that only twins are allowed in 500 and 300 class?
    A&R is a rumor and drama site that only gets real information occasionally after it's already released from the real sources.

I don't know anything about the KTM 390, but I do know that Ty might just have real information about the KTM... just maybe. ;)
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for considering it.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    The 390 Duke is not a motard but is a single cylinder. Its more of a street fighter style bike like any non fairing street bike. KTM does have plans to produce a 390 sportbike with fairings. I have not heard a release date and I don't think it will be available until 2015.

Many people call this type of bike a Holigan.

The term Motard was created from transforming dirt bikes so they could be used on the track or street.
    Private lessons available at MSR and ECR
    One on One or groups up to 5 students
    Email typhoonpowersports@yahoo.com or visit me on Facebook.