Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ambulance question with LSTD (Friday practice)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I would pre-register for a half day if this was offered as an option by LSTD. Speaking of the PA issue at TWS, maybe the 5.00 extra fee I (and everybody else who came to the track this year to race or watch) paid could be used to fix that problem so those of us pitted in the back 40 could hear the calls to grid.

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McNamara View Post
    Peyton,
    We have sustained it for 13 years and charge less now than in 2001. Ride Smart offers a discount to CMRA racers and charges "full" price to everyone else. Not my way of marketing or running my business. We sponsor 4 Expert sprint racers, 2 novice racers, 3 Big Bike Endurance teams, not to mention our 10 year LSTD Big Bike Endurance team or the 2 LSTD sponsored mini teams, sponsored a sprint class, big bike endurance purses and taught the CMRA school for free for 9 years. If you want a deal or a trophy on a track day we are not the group. Ride Smart seems to always have events the weekend before our Friday and maybe they will let you leave the grid in Cowboy boots.

Sounds like you're using the CMRA, it's members and other riders to fund 6 teams and another 6 individual riders.

It's your money, do what you want. But don't sit here and tell people that profits are tiny or that you continue to lose money doing this to support the CMRA when you're funding all of these teams and riders at the same time
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Wtf is wrong with you people? The whining isnt supposed to start up until feburary. Not the day after the last race of the year. Blaming the track day organization for people cartwheeling bikes all day is ridiculous. Do you really think that steve sponsors all these teams an racers with money we make on friday track days? Lol. Are you kidding? Sometimes $hit happens that is out of everyone's control. Some of you guys need to wake up and get over yourselves and your sense of entitlement. Motorcycles are fun. No one should ever whine about getting to ride them.

Steve McNamara
    Dennis,
    I never said anything about losing money but I want to make a profit.
    Without profit I can't support anyone in the cmra besides my son. I support and help riders because I love to do it! I always will.

Bike #
    So, during CMRA races the standard for ambulances ready trackside is usually what......2? or more?
    CMRA #117

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you people.
    Thank you.
    David Proler, CMRA Expert #65
    Raceworx • Galfer • Vesrah • Sidi Boots • Incase
    212 Decals • South Central Race Center • Pirelli

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McNamara View Post
    Dennis,
    I never said anything about losing money but I want to make a profit.
    Without profit I can't support anyone in the cmra besides my son. I support and help riders because I love to do it! I always will.

Not you per say

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post
    Yup, tons of money going away on Fridays. Fortunately the CMRA doesn't have to absorb those losses that the provider does.

Oh wait, yall think the Friday practices are profitable. My bad, continue.
    @Brian- I agree! The agreement between LSTD and the CMRA is to help support the club, not make money. While some events are profitable, about 50% of them are not. It's something we do to help support the racers and the club.

With us holding the events riders get twice as much track time to practice as they would if they CMRA held it and for about the same price as the CMRA charges.
    Another fun couple of facts:

LSTD gives the first event of the season to the cmra because we KNOW it will be popopular and make a profit. We assume the risk in the rest.

Finally, without the street group, even fewer events would be profitable. The racers aren't the ones making up the margins.
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    LSTD gives CMRA the first event of the season because it makes a profit....?

A very reliable source calls bull**** on that. From what I was told lstd is not allowed @ msrh due to some stuff that happened years ago.

If this is true, which many have said it is, then they're not giving CMRA that day, they're not allowed. Big difference, Mr. Anderson.

Back on topic,

I hope Steve finds a solution to this issue that clearly many people have voiced in this thread. If not, lstd will not get my hard earned money. I will give it to CMRA and get my practice on Saturday.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I am disappointed that some in our racing community would be so insensitive to the burden and difficulty involved in running a td organization.

No, I am ashamed.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Would also like to add,

Tom Anderson, if y'all do give CMRA the first event because y'all KNOW it will be popular then why don't y'all give them the last round which is popular as well?