Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And the hits just keep coming .No TV for Daytona 200 ?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    How was the streaming today? I was working.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I was streaming the races on the phone at work. It looked like a production that's aired on TV with cameramen following bikes in the corners and someone choosing which camera's video to show. For the survival of the sport, I hope the AMA picks up some good TV package, but it was nice to watch all the racing live and without commercials.

I rather have it as it is on fanschoice, only thing I don't like, can't see the ones I missed...
    Joe Rodriguez

Status
    Novice
    I think its been pretty damn nice actually. You get to see a lot more than you would normally. The warm-ups, practice, qualifying, plus the races that are not televised. Sure there are some hiccups every once in a while and the resolution could be better but its a new deal so its to be expected.

Plus my buddy is working the camera in the west horseshoe so its pretty cool to see his work.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I agree - the production during the races is very similar to what was previously televised on speed, etc., right down to the commentary. the resolution sucks, but I'd rather they do that and ensure fewer glitches in the live stream.

the "be your own director" with the extra camera angles doesn't seem to do much right now - looks like camera 2 is the finish line feed and camera 3 is the press conference room (with limited audio, as far as I can tell).