Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for used tires.

looking for used tires.

i am in need of used tires. would be ok a set but mostly the rear one. 120/60/17 and 180/55/17. if they are Dunlop much better. thanks

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    What kind of shape? Race take-offs? Street legal? DOT? And are you sure 120/60? Standard sized for sportbike is 120/70

ok good questions. first of all its for a street bike (`99 R6) thats why i need a 120/60/ at front but because doesnt have a fender am using a 120/70 for now. am confused about you posted, what is a DOT tire? .

Bike #
    DOT means department of transportation. Essentially meaning it has tread and is legal for highway use, although it is still a racing rubber compound so the tire might last 1,000 miles In street use. What bike is it that the fender gets in the way when using a 70 series tire vs 60? The older R6 is the only one that comes to mind.
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Where are you located? I have about 5 sets of used tires and some of them are DOT's Dunlop, Q2's if I'm not wrong.
    I also have some slicks take-off and IT'S ALL FOR FREE.
    I'm in Houston at the Heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    DOT means department of transportation. Essentially meaning it has tread and is legal for highway use, although it is still a racing rubber compound so the tire might last 1,000 miles In street use. What bike is it that the fender gets in the way when using a 70 series tire vs 60? The older R6 is the only one that comes to mind.
    oh good to know about that. 1000 miles on street sounds good. and yea you got it. its a first generation R6,

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo DaCunha View Post
    Where are you located? I have about 5 sets of used tires and some of them are DOT's Dunlop, Q2's if I'm not wrong.
    I also have some slicks take-off and IT'S ALL FOR FREE.
    I'm in Houston at the Heights.
    wow man, i wanna see em. why dont you come to ECR?, hehe just kidding. i gotta cornerwork saturday so it would be a good occasion to meet you. i never used slicks but if i do trackdays i wanna try em fo sureee...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I have a Dunlop rear. You can check it out in my pit at ECR, right next to the Dunlop pit, bike #96. $25.
    -RMJ96-
    Armour Bodies | Bazzaz | Dunlop | Bison Track | Motion Pro | Vesrah | Vonhertell | Sidi | Woodcraft | 6D Helmets | Woods Cycle Country | Magura

ok if i cant meet the guy who offered me, i`ll visit your pit and borrow your bike for the parade lap.
    just joking.

Ok, I just mounted the rear tire Ryan. Wasnt any problem, the only thing is because its a '60 tall(55 original) the tire is touching the rear fender. Not much though I can deal with it.