Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protective equipment question

Bike #

Protective equipment question

Hello all,
    I have a quick question....I'm about to start doing track days and Ridesmart requires a back protector for the intermediate group. Is this a separate piece of gear or will the one in my suit suffice?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I would say definitely get one that is a separate piece.

I first got one as a requirement for track days, but now after several tumbles I'm very, very glad that I have it. It's gotten to the point to where I feel completely naked without it when I'm on the track.

There are places where you can save money (if you need to) when it comes to racing motorcycles, but never try to save money on your safety.
    Kawasaki Ninja 250r, Honda Grom #767
    Tesseract Racing Kawasaki Ninja 250r #74

Bike #
    Thanks Joseph. I'll start researching what kindsand if it'll fit under my suit!

Forcefield makes some of the best back protectors all around. http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/moto
    If you need one in a hurry, call TJ at ridersdiscount.com (he supplies many racers with gear/stuff), 866.931.6644 x 817.

It's not required for track days with Ridesmart. But, that doesn't mean it's not smart to have one. Any extra protection is a good thing.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rosenthal View Post
    Hello all,
    I have a quick question....I'm about to start doing track days and Ridesmart requires a back protector for the intermediate group. Is this a separate piece of gear or will the one in my suit suffice?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Get one. As others have said, the extra protection is worth the price. Never let price determine protective gear. If you are in the DFW area, go by Moto Liberty. They have a good selection and knowledge on fitting. Bring your suit as well for proper fitting.
    Heinz Roy
    Novice #458 | BTO Racing #58 (Mini Endurance)
    Not a complete idiot, some parts are on backorder.
    Thanks to...Lucas Oil Products | Dunlop Tires | BDtrackside.com/Vesrah Brake Pads | SoloMotoParts.com | 212Decals.com | Moto Liberty

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    On the same subject, if you get an aftermarket protector and your off-the-shelf leathers have back padding, do you remove that padding and go with just the new one, or leave it in and have both? So far I have been running with both, which will be a moot point once I order new custom leathers.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I use both since they both fit.
    -Cody

I took my internal back protector out since I have a Forcefield back protector. But the more the merrier

on some of the A* leathers , if you use the intended A* back protector, it would slip in place of the foam one.
    when you use the stand alone one from A* . the notes say to remove the foam out of your suit....
    Joe Rodriguez