Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergencies At The track

Bike #

Emergencies At The track

How does someone get help at the track after hours wether personal, medical, family emergency? It's something that's been brought up in casual conversation many times and was presented to me for real this past weekend. All the tracks are locked down and I do t think most people are going to try and call Walter or Ryan when they need an ambulance.
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

You can call me, or Pete Martins, or Chris Cullen if we're there. Each of us have some equipment and/or ability to help if needed.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Bike #
    I'm not saying in any particular instance, but as a general question. You, Chris, and Adam were who I tried to get ahold of but my mind couldn't piece together paramedics I know with names at that point.

This is more directed for the random wife or girl friend that tags along and finds her husband unconscious, slices his hand open working on the bike at midnight, or trips and breaks his arm while going to fill up the generator. If she simply calls 911 is help going to be waiting till the message gets relayed to Walter et.all and they open the gate?
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Good question. Heart attack, stroke, aneurism... plenty of potential needs for an ambulance to get in and haul someone off.
    David B.

IMHO ....

Folks, if you have an after hours med emergency that needs an ambulance, call 911 first. Tell 'em you'll have someone meet them at the gate to lead them to the specific incident location in the facility.

There's no place you can be inside the track that you're not surrounded at any hour by willing and helpful friends even if you don't know their names - just bang on the door of the nearest tent / trailer / RV.

After calling 911, send one person to the front gate to make sure the ambulance knows they got to the right place and lead them to your location in the track; send a different person to go find Walter or Ryan to open the gate. It is most likely that WW or Ryan will be found and beat the ambulance to the gate. If not, most EMS carry a universal key (BF lock cutter).
    Last edited by Alan Etheredge; 07-29-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks Alan. Good to know. Didn't know those guys carried bolt cutters but makes sense I guess. Good info.
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    I am on site 24 hours a day at all CMRA events. I have the keys or the combination to any and all locks. FYI the CMRA also has a defibrillator that we bring to every event.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Fire carries bolt cutters, but I've never seen one on an ambulance before. Make sure to tell 911 that you're in a locked facility and may need forcible entry so they can get the appropriate resources together.

The reference to finding one of us was for minor needs; Alan is spot on that in the case of an emergency to call 911 first.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Ryan told me he received a call about 1:30 one of the nights for some type of emergency and was able to get the person what they needed to get out.

So it does happen and, as suspected, Ryan & Walter are all over it.

this is all good to know ,to add to this ,if i have an emergency of that nature and beat Ryan and/or WW to the gate to mee the ambulance ,im driving through it and just deal with those consequences if i survive ....

rule of thumb, find out where they are staying for the weekend and simply knock on their door.
    just dont do it just to get someone to kill their freaking motard at midnight...
    LOL
    Joe Rodriguez