Thread: MSRH Round 9 Crash Race 7

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

MSRH Round 9 Crash Race 7

Fellow Racers,

As I continue to mend and look forward to next season, I've had some time to reflect on my season ending crash at Houston and in trying understand what happened. I'm sure any of us who has had a nasty crash wants to go back and understand exactly what took place and how to avoid the same crash again.

With that, I'm positive that at least one of my fellow competitors saw the incident unfold. I do know this; it was a racing incident and I am not looking to lay blame nor am I looking to point a finger; I simply want to understand what happened so that I can learn. I remember that I had a (typical) horrible start and dropped way back. I was in the middle of a bunch of yellow shirts and I was trying to make clean passes. I suspect that I didn't and I may have initiated the contact that caused me to crash.

If you saw it, were involved in, have video of it...drop me a line. Please. You'd be helping me out as I continue to learn and grow. 2nd lap, race 7, round 9.

And if you were (or are) a prov nov and are concerned about having to race another race, ping me via message here. Not looking to ding anyone...it can be our secret, LOL!

Thanks!
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So glad you're recovering well and looking forward to next season. Just awesome.
    David Proler, CMRA Expert #65
    Raceworx • Galfer • Vesrah • Sidi Boots • Incase
    212 Decals • South Central Race Center • Pirelli

Status
    Expert
    Good luck Allen !

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks David and Eric!

Might have been my imagination...or it could have happened on my private warm up lap, lol!
    Allen Dye

I was right behind you when it happened and got it all on video. If you want me to, I will post it on youtube and forward you the link. I haven't posted any of my videos out of respect for the injured riders, but I will post yours. Back of the pack racing is were all the crazy stuff happens.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I am back of the pack crazy my friend! Seriously, I'd love to see it Tony...and I owe you big time if you don't mind. I appreciate it!
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    And I appreciate you NOT posting it before out of respect for folks.
    Allen Dye