Thread: Before and After Safety Wire Pic Request

Before and After Safety Wire Pic Request

I need a pair of pics not off a website, not copyrighted, with unlimited permission for use in CMRA publications:

High resolution, close but not too close, sharp photos of the same fitting on a clean machine before and after proper safety wiring. Pics need to be as identical as possible (lighting, angle, size, background, etc). Preferably a component most street riders can relate to and easily see on their machine (caliper bolt, axle nut, etc).

The purpose is to simply and clearly show a total non-racer audience an example of what is meant when they hear the term "safety wiring". Not a detailed "how to" or anything like that.

So, if you're gonna do some wiring and can take the time to snap the pics, please drop me a PM with your email address when you have 'em and I'll reply with my email address so you can send.

TIA
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    really surprised there are no responses here. Alan, If you dont already have the pics come by Michelin tent and we'll make as many as you need this wknd. Ws

Thanks, Will, I'll bring my camera and try to escape registration to to see you and Dave at MSRH !

(I did get a couple of PM's but no pics yet ;-)
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Hadn't seen this, but I can also get out the SLR, and lighting if needed, to get these if y'all don't soon[er].

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'm embarrassed to show my underwire...safety wire...whatever...in any light or angle...
    Allen Dye

I do have some decent pictures of when I first safety wired my bike up. Didn't have any before pictures, so figured I wouldn't qualify with Alan's request. Let me know if you want to see the pictures anyway Alan and I can send them.