Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New racer / mentor program

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    TBD
    But i will need a larger CC bike to get my license so i can race a 300? You have to go through L3 to get your license right?

No, for ultralightweight bikes, you go in L2/intermediate. Just send an e-mail with your registration that you'd like to do the licensing school on a small bike, and they'll hook you up. Plenty of people do it.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Crowe View Post
    But i will need a larger CC bike to get my license so i can race a 300? You have to go through L3 to get your license right?
    Nah... from what I understand, they will put you in the group that is needed to complete the class. If it's "B" group or Level 2, then so be it.

They definitely do want you to have a full understanding and comfort level with "advanced" etiquette. Being consistent, understanding where the "race" line is, being comfortable and proficient with close passes both inside and outside, fast closing speeds, bikes closing from behind, etc.

The Mock race at the end was a "wave" start. 1st wave was the 1000's and 750, and second wave was the CBR300. They will do the same for you. I'm pretty sure the CBR ran "B" group that day.
    Last edited by Bob Moyer; 06-11-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    2009 GSXR 750 (Race), 2001 YZF426 (Dirt), 2014 GL1800 ("Sport" Touring), 2013 Super Tenere (ADV), 2015 CB500F (Daughter's), 2012 Zuma (Daughter's)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DQRacing/
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1574/2...888b15cd_n.jpg

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    TBD
    That's awesome! Thanks guys.
    The idea of having to go to the wife and let her know i need another bike for the track might be pushing it a little! She has been very supportive so far, but don't want to find out what her limits are.
    Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    TBD
    I know im wearing you guys out with all the questions!

Has anyone ran the HHR track? Is it worth it or would money and time be better spent going to Cresson with RS or LSTD.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Crowe View Post
    I know im wearing you guys out with all the questions!

Has anyone ran the HHR track? Is it worth it or would money and time be better spent going to Cresson with RS or LSTD.

Thanks,
    Matthew
    Haven't ridden that track myself but any and all seat time you can get the better off you are!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    TBD
    Thanks Patrick!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I would definitely like to take advantage of this program. My first round of sprints will be the Oct TWS race weekend. I plan on doing both A's and F1 Nov. I can be reached on weekends and weekdays after 4:00 @ 832-396-9265. Thanks for the opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Hodges View Post
    I would definitely like to take advantage of this program. My first round of sprints will be the Oct TWS race weekend. I plan on doing both A's and F1 Nov. I can be reached on weekends and weekdays after 4:00 @ 832-396-9265. Thanks for the opportunity!
    Sorry I missed your call. I will give you a call back when I get a chance.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Throw me into the mix as well please.

Looks like my first sprints will be at TWS. I'll be on a GSXR750 and haven't decided on Superstock or Superbike yet, but I currently run slicks. I'm doing endurance this weekend in Hallett.

817-938-1414
    2009 GSXR 750 (Race), 2001 YZF426 (Dirt), 2014 GL1800 ("Sport" Touring), 2013 Super Tenere (ADV), 2015 CB500F (Daughter's), 2012 Zuma (Daughter's)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DQRacing/
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1574/2...888b15cd_n.jpg