Thread: wtb: cool guitatrs and tube amp

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

wtb: cool guitatrs and tube amp

my son has developed an interest in guitars in the last year and i'd really like to keep the momentum going. if anybody has a relic/vintage or just a cool piece that they might like to trade/sell/etc id be interested. thx, ws

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    guess it would if i could spell guitars

I have an Ovation Celebrity Cedar Top Acoustic, not vintage but a cool guitar. I also have a 1979 Fender P bass I would sell.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Will,

I assume you are checking out ebay and such on a regular basis? Often times some real finds can be had there if you know exactly what you are looking for.

On the "tube" amp front, you can go for a surprisingly versatile Pod (digital modeled) unit for not that much money, to the real McCoy and spend thousands. In terms of versatility, quality of sound, and usefulness in the studio where you don't need that much volume level, I've always liked it when I got to record the Univalve. Not cheap, but super flexible, and something that will hold it's value pretty well, unlike a lot of musical gear.

http://www.thdelectronics.com/produc..._UniValve.html
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    just picked up a re-issue Super Reverb 410. Looouuud!!!

Bike #
    I have a '71 or '72 Bassman Silverface head I'm willing to part with.... 50 watts

Status
    Expert
    Hey Will, my son has a DBZ Barchetta FM. It is actually brand new!. He bought 2, one for him, and one for his friend. His friend backed out after Randall had already had it set up , and had upgraded strings installed. Any ways, he said he would take $395 for it...supposed to be worth $5-600 dollars. Grover tuners, EMG pickups, neck through, flame Maple top, and mahogany back. If interested, I can send you some pictures. Give me a holler at 972-567-9251