Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's behind your number?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    ^hard to beat that!!

282 was the lowest number available of the style XYX. I'm a fan of symmetry and 282 was also conveniently slim enough to fit on my windshield and the top of my tail.

Since 666 was taken by Alan :shakes fist: ;), I chose 835; the length of an epic song by Iron Maiden: the first band to really open my eyes up to phenomenal music that exists outside of your typical stuff played over and over again on the radio.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Lol when I saw your name as the most recent poster, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was going to have something to do with heavy metal.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    789 is in reference to my rank as a Navy Chief, (Chief ranks of E7, E8 and E9).

I had that number when I started racing several years ago, but lost it when I was layed off and couldn't afford to renew my license. Once I got a job, the number had already been taken. I then took 515, which is my wife's birthday. This year I was able to get 789 again, which I hear about quite often from her.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

688 was the hull number of the submarine I was on. USS Los Angeles SSN-688. I chose it to really annoy all of my ex-navy buddies when they see pics of my race bikes.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    907 - my old ladies birthday
    Chris Coffey CMRA Expert #907
    2015 Sponsors
    Johnson Equipment Company, RaceWorx, Pirelli, SouthCentralRaceCenter
    Vortex, Motion Pro, Spiegler, All Balls Racing, Braking, Sunstar, Leatt Neck Braces
    Pit Posse, Matrix Concepts, Replay XD, Motul

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    723 is my birthday.

Daisy's 354 was actually stolen from me. 3 and 54 are the two numbers I have used in all the sports I have played throughout my life and what I wanted. She got her license first so she stole it.
    So, the number 354, yup I stole it! Well, sort of. I stole the "3" (If you call getting to something first "stealing" :big grin. The "54" is a very significant number for me and Michael. Yes, it was the number on his football jersey when we met, but it is also the number of days between our birthdays and the sum of our birthdates (31 and 23). At one point, even our driver's license numbers added up to 54. There seems to be a lot of good energy associated with the number 354, so I took it. It's called "winning".

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I chose 337 as my race number so that Beverly would know that it was me who had crashed and was upside down. 337 / LEE. Also, 13 seems to follow me around like a good friend. The sum of 337 is 13. My son Alex was later born on the 13th.
    Last edited by lee vrazel; 02-19-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Not sure where Brandon came up with 91, but he started out in Jr. Motards running 91. Then as a novice couldn't run a 2-digit number so he ran 291. Now as an expert he is back to 91... now MotoAmerica is saying KTM riders need to run a 3 digit number, so now we are back to 291. Sheeesh!

195 was my weight when I got my license.Serves as a reminder to put the cookie down and walk away.