Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What's behind your number?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Mine, 81, was more an evolution than a choice, plus me being cheap. My first racer was from a pocket bike group and the bike came with 48, a number still used by the seller. I just peeled them off and stuck them back on as 84 - nice and cheap. I then came to CMRA and added a 1 for 841, both cheap, and easy to change back and forth between Endurance, where I left it 84, and Sprints, which I did both of for about 7 years. Then I 'won' a 2 digit number at the Banquet and staying cheap, just threw every combo of those 3 digits I already had a bunch of stickers for at Nancy and let her assign me one. End up losing the middle digit and making 841 into 81. Worked out well, as that was also my graduation year. 81 it is.
    OnRoad OffRoad Suspension - Ktech, JRI, Penske, Öhlins, MUPO, GP Suspension, RaceTech

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

These all need a like button!

When I was given the list of available numbers by Allen I was unsure of what number I really wanted.. but 520 stuck out like a sore thumb. So I picked. Later my wife reminded me it was also a good verse from Corinthians in the bible.. Cor: 5:20 "We are Christ's Ambassadors" Yeah I think it's perfect.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Oldest daughter's birthday. (Oh, yeah, and it was available - key point.)

Status
    Expert
    The number 81 was one of our Hall of Fame members Laroy Montgomery. My best friend , and the one who got me into road racing! Great number Roger !!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I think my first number was the number that was already on my bike when I bought it. Bought it up north and then moved down so it wasn't in use in CMRA... I think maybe it was 488 or something. When that bike... went away, and I got a new (to me) FZR400 and was going to splurge on numbers anyway, and I was going expert, I went for 87 for my class year at Texas A&M (Whoop!). Quit sprinting and now I just keep some x87 (currently 387) for the sport of it and to leave the 2 digit stuff for people who are actually sprinting. If I ever get to sprint again, I'm going to put a small 3 in front of the 87 and incur the wrath of Linz. It'll be worth it. :-)
    David B.

Not very interesting but the reason I chose #998 is because it is the displacement of my race bike. ZX10r

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I've got 99 problems and a ***** ain't one.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Klesel View Post

I've got 99 problems and a ***** ain't one.
    Boom, that just happened
    Lone Star Track Days www.lstd.com - Vesrah Brake Pads - 212Decals.com

527. I had raced jetskis and waverunners from 8-13 years old when I had a bad crash. My race number was 27, baseball, football, basketball...27.

527 bc I can't have a two digit number, and I had a motorcycle for 5 years before I started racing.