Thread: What's behind your number?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGehee View Post
    all these responses are great!
    What's your number mean?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

745 because its the first three digits of my phone number so i knew i couldn't forget it! but when it came to putting the numbers on my helmet of course I put them on wrong and made 754 so i had to use a black sharpie to fix before the first race.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    120 will be the atomic number of 120 Unbinilium, an element yet to be discovered. I anticipate that Unbinilium will be very important to me.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I chose 33 for Leather & Lace because 3's look like boobs! (made ya concentrate that three, huh..)
    I opted for 152 because Gavin is 151 and it seems I will be following him for a while.....

Leather & Lace Racing Leather Repair
    8128 Long Point
    Houston, TX 77055

LeatherLaceRacing.com

Status
    Expert
    Started racing in 1986...my birthday was 914, but that was taken already. So being born in September, I chose 9, and turning 30 in 1986, I chose 930. Ran that for a couple of years , until I finished 3rd at the WERA Grand Nationals in the very early '90s. I ran 3 for over 10 years until they started the 1-10 as you finished in sprints . I picked 30 because I turned 30 the year I started Roadracing in 1986.
    I love Allen's Iron Butt # I used to race with Jesse's Dad, (another cool #)

449 was my novice number. I didn't want to spend money on new numbers so I just took off the 4....some things never change I guess ;)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    My first number was 127, which is my wedding anniversary (Dec 7th) but the evil Ron Mears STOLE it from me during a time of registration laziness. I picked 271 because I could use the same numbers that I already had laying around. I never liked the way 271 looked so I took 429, which is my birthday. I'll keep that until Ron retires....which may be a while. I call dibs though! We run 29 on the endurance bike because it'll be easy to add a temp "4" if/when I decided to do any sprints.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    MiniMotion ULW Endurance #59
    https://www.facebook.com/MiniMotion-...38664669828067

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Nancy gave it to me. "272" was symmetric and available.

My favorite #'s have always been 12 & 34.
    34 was my high school football # and when I started racing in 95, wanted it as it was well represented well by Mr. Schwantz. It wasn't available of course, so I went with 834.
    When I turned expert I looked for any two digit number, only a couple were available. 46 was a good fit because it was the sum of 12 and 34.
    I think some other dude by the name of Rossi also had it but back then I wasn't following the 125 or 250 class and just barely starting to follow the motogp 500 class.
    The rest is History.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I started racing with CCS #27 because I wanted a low # and something with a 7. With CMRA I just added a 1, so laziness is really what is behind my #.