Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: What's behind your number?

at first i wanted 409 (already taken when i applied for my numbers) because "409" was the name of my very first horse I started riding when i did equestrian riding--my first "horsepower".

my current 814 is a bit more complicated. one of my favorite verses 1 Corinthians 16:14. "Let all that you do be done in love." it was quite difficult to figure out how to make those into 3 digits. so i just combined 1+1+6, 14 to get 814. chose to stick with it b/c it grew on me and i also didn't want people to confuse my reason for 409 with the cleaner :|

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Mine is my birthday. July 13. 7/13 nothing special and no it's not because the Houston area code like some think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Falt View Post
    The number 81 was one of our Hall of Fame members Laroy Montgomery. My best friend , and the one who got me into road racing! Great number Roger !!!!
    I think it was also David Hirsch's number before it was Laroy's. In any case, it's special.

After a hiatus of several years, I came back to roadracing. Connie gave me 911 because she said I was an accident waiting to happen. After another hiatus, I lost that number and accepted whatever number was available.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    my hometown area code "408"

I'm still waiting on the "420's" peoples reason.

Wait....

What?

Just curious that's all.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    My number is in between a few friends numbers. Nothing with any meaning t me was available.

528 - It's the months my daughters were born in order from oldest to youngest. May, February, and August. My wife actually came up with it because all the insignificant numbers I wanted were taken.

Always ran 76 racing MX. Its the year i was born. Got my CMRA license in 2009 . I had 3 kids at the time so I chose 376....
    UNDERGROUND Raceteam.
    House of Kawasaki.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    When I started racing with WMRRA (Washington) in 2004, they assigned me 954 as a novice. The next year I was a graduated novice and had to pick another number (900 series were reserved for novices), so I picked 854 because I could change the 9 to an 8 with a piece of electrical tape. My favorite number and birthday is the 5th, so I liked having the 5 in the middle. When I became an expert, I went with 154 because I liked the way it looked. I've also used 154 in shifter kart and autocross racing.