Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NOLA Schedule

2015 NOLA Schedule

The NOLA schedule is now posted here: http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment...4&d=1433257093

Detailed Event Information coming soon...
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Only 4 rounds of practice for the whole day? Again? And the groups are the same as Hallett? Not happy.

Quick math question regarding Friday practice- If there are 4 groups in each of the morning sessions and each group gets 20 mins per session that would be a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes. So why are there 2 hours allotted for each round? Where do the other 40 mins go for each round? In the afternoon we add 1 more group(riders school) at 20 mins a session, but add 30 mins to the total time of each round. You see where I'm going with this? Can we please run it like a LSTD trackday? Maybe do a Grom / Mini / Jr Motard / Ultra Lightweight Ex & Nov instead of a street group. Then Novice group. Then Experts. Three groups with 20 min sessions= more practice= safer racing.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I agree. I don't think anybody was happy at hallett with this format. Now that I think of it I didn't hear one positive thing. I guess you have to just trust the CMRA. Ice never been to hallett or Nola so it's pretty tough learning a new track in 4 sessions. Especially since the first session is usually a throw away for me anyway. $40 per session is pretty steep. Anyway nothing can be done now as the schedule is already finalized. All you can do is voice your opinion. I'm in no way tryig to put down the CMRA staff. I hope it's not taken that way. See Yall at Nola!!!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I don't see what you're seeing, but the practice sessions for NOLA are just like they have always been. And NOT like they were at Hallett.
    Chris Coffey CMRA Expert #907
    2015 Sponsors
    Johnson Equipment Company, RaceWorx, Pirelli, SouthCentralRaceCenter
    Vortex, Motion Pro, Spiegler, All Balls Racing, Braking, Sunstar, Leatt Neck Braces
    Pit Posse, Matrix Concepts, Replay XD, Motul

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coffey View Post
    I don't see what you're seeing, but the practice sessions for NOLA are just like they have always been. And NOT like they were at Hallett.
    How so? Looks the same to me.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Well they don't have heavyweight and middle weight differentiation. It's still only 2 sessions before lunch and 2 after. More sessions is what most others would want.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I don't understand the need for an hour and 10 minute lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Barreto View Post
    I agree. I don't think anybody was happy at hallett with this format. Now that I think of it I didn't hear one positive thing. I guess you have to just trust the CMRA. Ice never been to hallett or Nola so it's pretty tough learning a new track in 4 sessions. Especially since the first session is usually a throw away for me anyway. $40 per session is pretty steep. Anyway nothing can be done now as the schedule is already finalized. All you can do is voice your opinion. I'm in no way tryig to put down the CMRA staff. I hope it's not taken that way. See Yall at Nola!!!!!
    The schedule is never "finalized" until the weekend. Sometimes there's mistakes on the schedule due to poor proofreading (!) and depending on what it is, changes can be made.

As you all know, Walter makes the schedule, so if you'd like to see something different with regards to Friday practice, contact him directly. He's on the road quite a bit these days and doesn't always have a chance to post on the forum. walter@cmraracing.com More contact info is on the Contact Page: http://www.cmraracing.com/content.php?6-contact

Hope that helps!
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks Nancy.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'm disinclined to do CMRA practice days anymore. I think MSRH this year did me in. 5 groups and well over an hour between each session I got to go out was ridiculous and a horrible value. If Hallett was worse... wow.
    Provisional Expert #98