Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Jeff Reeves

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Apology to Jeff Reeves

I spoke to Jeff right after the finish of F40...I needed to check on him and apologize for crashing him. I'm 100% to blame on that incident. I've done my best to always race cleanly...to the point of not making passes where I should... Or could. This time, I simply over- cooked it and caused a fellow competitor and friend to crash in arguably what should be one of the cleanest classes. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Just wanted to post this here for all to see; I don't like being in those situations. I can't feel much worse about it.

Jeff; we'll see at Cresson next month I hope.
    Allen Dye

Nice gesture Allen. I am sure Jeff does understand that there were no intentions of affecting anyone. Hope you both are OK and had a safe trip back home.
    Javier Martinez-Abrego

Gabriel #196 Novice * Javier #199 Novice * Dos Hemanos Racing #19 Mini Endurance
    Kawasaki de México | Dunlop | Motul | Galfer | Alpinestars

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Allen has gone above and beyond concerning this incident. He was my friend before this and remains my friend afterwards. I am very sore but no broken bones. The bike is another story. LOL. Made it home late last night.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Wow! Really nice of you Allen to post this! Just when you get down about the actions of some, along comes someone to suggest otherwise. I'm glad everyone is OK.
    Team Owner
    Mahna Mahna
    Somebody

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    It's called Sportsmanship folks and it's something that can be found in abundance in our paddock.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Glad to see someone going out of his way to apologize. In an coincidental twist, I myself was taken out by Mr. Reeves at a track day earlier this year. I hoped he would have made an effort to apologize (or at least see if I was OK), but sadly that never materialized. It really soured my attitude towards racing and track riding in general. But I got over it

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Big ups, Allen, BoD for this man!
    David Proler, CMRA Expert #65
    Raceworx • Galfer • Vesrah • Sidi Boots • Incase
    212 Decals • South Central Race Center • Pirelli

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter Rossner View Post
    Glad to see someone going out of his way to apologize. In an coincidental twist, I myself was taken out by Mr. Reeves at a track day earlier this year. I hoped he would have made an effort to apologize (or at least see if I was OK), but sadly that never materialized. It really soured my attitude towards racing and track riding in general. But I got over it
    Hey Carter,
    I would of seeked you out if I had known I had "taken you out." I learned that someone had fallen when I passed them after I had returned home from a track day back in February. If I would of learned at the track I would of tried to identify you and come by as I do not know you.
    Sorry you fell down and sorry if I had anything to with it. That evening after I was back home I was told that someone fell after I passed them, so I am assuming my rear wheel and your front wheel must of touched. I did not know someone went down as I never felt our tires touching. Sorry you feel that I "took you out."
    Let me know your race number and the next race you will be at and I will come shake your hand in person. I would not want you to be discouraged about racing, it's the most fun one (we) can have.
    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Reeves; 07-28-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Nice Allen. Class act.
    David Roy
    Owner
    North Texas Superbikes
    www.northtexassuperbikes.com . 817.845.4051

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Nice Allen! Truly class thing to do. Wish the guy who took me out at Nola would do the same.