Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossi v Marquez (If you haven't seen the race, watch it first!)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Rossi v Marquez (If you haven't seen the race, watch it first!)

Well, I'll kickoff the Sunday fun. I'm curious to know what you all think. Frankly, I'm a bit saddened by the whole thing. And it looks like the legal wrangling is about to get started. Unbelievable turn of events.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Racing incident. It will be overturned on appeal.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Well, with VR46 now having to start at the back at Valencia, the championship is over.

Trying to figure out who is in the wrong in a toddler spat is pretty difficult but the record books dont care about those details. JL will be champion, end of story.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    I so hope you are right. I dont want to see this end this way.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Jarvis's press conference said the appeal was denied.

I think Rossi's temper boiled over and he made a huge ****ing mistake that cost him the championship.

I also think Mark was ****ing with him hardcore, and one of them was going to crash the way they were battling and Rossi knew it was going to be him.

What I don't understand is how Mark crashed. Rossi didnt kick him like Mark claims, that is obvious the videos that Mark touched Rossi's leg before Rossi's leg moved. They were going so slow and not carrying much lean angle. It's almost like.... (PUT ON YOUR TIN HAT) fell down on purpose? Idk, just very strange. We've all seen way more contact at much higher speed with less consequences.

At the end of the day the decision by race direction that's explanation can be found on MotoGP's videos was spot on.

They said that Mark's riding was precarious at best, and Rossi made an irresponsible move that ended in another rider going down. Rossi is at fault for the incident but Mark shares some guilt.

The penalty however, I don't know. I think that a points penalty is fine and even more penalty points should have been assessed but starting from the back of the grid gifts Jorge the championship, and that part of the punishment is way too harsh.
    Chris Coffey CMRA Expert #907
    2015 Sponsors
    Johnson Equipment Company, RaceWorx, Pirelli, SouthCentralRaceCenter
    Vortex, Motion Pro, Spiegler, All Balls Racing, Braking, Sunstar, Leatt Neck Braces
    Pit Posse, Matrix Concepts, Replay XD, Motul

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coffey View Post
    Jarvis's press conference said the appeal was denied.

The penalty however, I don't know. I think that a points penalty is fine and even more penalty points should have been assessed but starting from the back of the grid gifts Jorge the championship, and that part of the punishment is way too harsh.
    The starting from the back of the grid is a direct result from the points penalty. Rossi had 1 other point penalty earlier this year. So basically 4 points (additional 3 from this race) = penalty is back of the grid. 7 points is the next level of penalty = starting in pit; then 10 is dq from next race.

I'm pro race direction on this one. I think Rossi picked the wrong move but I can understand as marquez was being a major dick. Sucks the last race for the championship has to be determined on some bs like that.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bui View Post
    The starting from the back of the grid is a direct result from the points penalty. Rossi had 1 other point penalty earlier this year. So basically 4 points (additional 3 from this race) = penalty is back of the grid. 7 points is the next level of penalty = starting in pit; then 10 is dq from next race.

I'm pro race direction on this one. I think Rossi picked the wrong move but I can understand as marquez was being a major dick. Sucks the last race for the championship has to be determined on some bs like that.
    Ah, understood. Thanks for the clarification.
    2015 Sponsors
    Vortex, Motion Pro, Spiegler, All Balls Racing, Braking, Sunstar, Leatt Neck Braces

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    MM had nothing to lose, why wouldn't he fight for position? I was surprised that Rossi didn't ride a little smarter. There were still a lot laps remaining to decide the outcome. But you could tell that Rossi was becoming frustrated and it finally got the best of him. It looked like MM was anticipating Rossi to resume racing when he tried to tip in and avoid running off track. I'm sure many of us have been in that outside line urging the guy(or gal) on the inside to finish the corner. It's a shame this will have such implications on the championship.

edit: didn't mean to leave our "gal" racers out.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    MM was 'racing' almost 2 seconds off of his pace...
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by John Orchard View Post
    MM was 'racing' almost 2 seconds off of his pace...
    Exactly, and in a series where it comes down to tenths... 2 seconds is not something to disregard.
    2015 Sponsors