Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 New Expert List

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Rider classification also entitles you to that group for practice which in my opinion is either a great place to learn or a great filter. Congrats new white plates! and to all the nah sayers, chill out.
    Lone Star Track Days www.lstd.com - Vesrah Brake Pads - 212Decals.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I JUST WANNA GO FAST!
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

I completely disagree with you William Guthrie. CMRA weekends are not the time and place to be learning to go fast. You should be training and practicing between races for the race. Thats what track days and race schools are for. The 2-5 laps in racer practice is not going to make you faster. That being said I applaud Proler for stepping up. Last year I saw novice racers going deep into the expert grid and on a wave start no less. Seemed like there were more expert novices than experts. Good luck to all the rookie experts!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Lest we forget Friday practice...

Really don't feel Friday practice is the best time to be learning how to go faster. Do you?
    Everybody's doing different things. Shakedown runs, knocking off cobwebs, relearning the track etc.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    You don't learn to go faster just by going faster. That's the last thing you do. Get a grip, Harry! Lol
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Lambert View Post
    Really don't feel Friday practice is the best time to be learning how to go faster. Do you?
    Everybody's doing different things. Shakedown runs, knocking off cobwebs, relearning the track etc.
    Then when else?

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by William Guthrie View Post
    Then when else?
    When you take off more vacation and family time to drive 2-6 hours or more to go race practicing at a track day as an expert in level 3 with a bunch of street riders.
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

If your an expert by now you know how to do private member days and probably are or should be a member at a local track and have attended some expert level schools. Nobody should be out there just riding over their head just to keep up with the guy in front thinking that is learning. Just my .02

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Lambert View Post
    If your an expert by now you know how to do private member days and probably are or should be a member at a local track and have attended some expert level schools. Nobody should be out there just riding over their head just to keep up with the guy in front thinking that is learning. Just my .02
    Doesn't describe me at all. I can't afford track days AND racing. My only non-race seat time is usually morning practice, sometimes (rarely) Friday practice. I'm just one guy, though, and one of the slower Experts so maybe I don't count.
    Provisional Expert #98