Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Leathers Thoughts?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    You don't know anyone that wears Syed? Really? I guess I need a brighter suit.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I use Taichi and love it...but I'm a tall skinny guy - my suit is a 3XL to suit my height, and it's almost tight on me around the waist. I honestly can't lose any more weight or I'd probably die. For me, the only way I could find this out is by going to Motoliberty and trying several brands on - every suit is completely different.
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gurevich View Post
    You only wear one? I thought you had a full closet?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gurevich View Post
    I only ever get a glance Smiley...
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Dye View Post
    Thanks all very much for your input!!! I've not had good luck with Comet, despite the fact that I really like Karl. My suit was a big miss in a couple of areas...I had two different people measure and paid a tailor to measure as well to be sure...it was so far off in the upper arm to elbow that I'm surprised it didn't raise a flag to whomever was reviewing it! Oh well, live and learn.

Bob...I'm 6'4 or bit less, 225lb...and about a 46" chest. The catch for me is the neck to crotch off the rack. I have to go to a 48' and have it tailored off the rack...

I'm leaning towards Syed right now...

Thanks again!
    Sorry you had such bad luck with Comet, Allan. I actually had a similar problem the first time also but they fixed it quickly for me. I hope they don't continue to have this problem going forward because I do like their product and it is awesome for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Caudle View Post
    I wouldn't discount the Taichi so soon. If they can make a set to fit me they can make a set that fits anybody.
    +481 on what Becka said.

I've worn and crashed in all sorts of stuff. RS Taichi is hands down the best in every single way in my opinion.

Talk with Audrey or Joseph at Moto Liberty. Fantastic people. They have plenty of stock to try on. If they can't fit you in a Taichi suit (I'd be really surprised), they'll know what would fit you after you try a few on.

Edit: You're in Dallas, go to Moto Liberty!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Moto Liberty IS THE BOMB...no question...

I think Taichi has a new suit...or same suit, new size out in the last year...quite literally, the largest Taichi suit they had I couldn't pull up past my thighs...
    Allen Dye

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Motoliberty FTMFW. My rev'it was off the rack there. Rev'it is a fantastic brand, my suit has held up through my very annoying growing up phase with moto riding/racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Dye View Post
    I'm 6'4 or bit less, 225lb...and about a 46" chest. The catch for me is the neck to crotch off the rack. I have to go to a 48' and have it tailored off the rack
    48 feet? Yeah that's going to require custom for sure.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I have similar issues with fitment and have tried alot of different option in last 15yrs. I started with off rack w/alterations and always on sale. i dont know why my head lets me spends thousands upgrading a bike and when it comes to protecting my skin i suddenly go into clearance mode. A couple years ago, i broke down and did the custom tailored route. i really wish i would have done that much sooner. If you're planning to race for any significant period of time, get a custom tailored kangaroo suit from a reputable vendor. Yes they are very expensive, but you wear it every time you go on the track. they will last much longer than most mass produced off the rack imports.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I have worn Vanson on and off for 25 years and I swear by them.
    Gordon Miller
    CMRA Ex 139
    281-850-7747
    gordonmiller23@gmail.com