Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Banquet Food Service

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Got drunk, had fun, like my trophies, things happen, I'll show up next year. Speed passes helped that first part. See y'all in February

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    +1 on the speed pass! Those things did their job for sure. Bring those back next year!

Lots of fun playing football(out back) with WW3 and some other boys...cannot remember their names, but good kids, parents should be proud. I say flag football game at next banquet!

Had a blast at the CMRA Golf Tournament as well...hope we can keep that going.

Great time overall. Had no idea about the food, I feel bad for those who didn't get any. Drinks cost what they cost...if you don't like it, don't drink....it's simple.

One thing I would have liked...a signature table with each of the calendar girls there at 15 minute intervals....I missed some of your signatures! Or, pre-sign and charge more for those. Although that is much less personal than seeing your lovely faces ;)

Derek

Shandra, you did an amazing job, Thank you!
    The food was a let down and totally out of CMRA's control. Like most, I felt the talking during speaches was getting out of hand. Unannounced to us, Brandon and Nick went up to thank the entire CMRA family for supporting them during their first MotoAmerica season, and I couldn't hear most of it. EVEN AFTER TELLING THE TABLE BEHIND ME TO SHUT UP! The air-horn idea is perfect!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    Lots of fun playing football(out back) with WW3 and some other boys...cannot remember their names, but good kids, parents should be proud. I say flag football game at next banquet!

Had a blast at the CMRA Golf Tournament as well...hope we can keep that going.

Great time overall. Had no idea about the food, I feel bad for those who didn't get any. Drinks cost what they cost...if you don't like it, don't drink....it's simple.

One thing I would have liked...a signature table with each of the calendar girls there at 15 minute intervals....I missed some of your signatures! Or, pre-sign and charge more for those. Although that is much less personal than seeing your lovely faces ;)

Derek
    I want in on the football action
    -RMJ96-
    Armour Bodies | Bazzaz | Dunlop | Bison Track | Motion Pro | Vesrah | Vonhertell | Sidi | Woodcraft | 6D Helmets | Woods Cycle Country | Magura

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I think Shandra and CMRA did a great job despite the crappy food situation. I am hoping there is a NO FOOD Option next year.

Status
    Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandra Crawford View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the food, and when it was brought to my attention by the venue, there wasn't a whole lot I could do except ask them to get it out quick & advise the people waiting in line how long it would be, and they told me they would also give those people in line free drink tickets. I did speak to them afterwards about this, and I will be calling each and every person that turned in a ticket form to address this.

If you did buy or receive a ticket but didn't get a meal, please email me directly at cmrapromotions@gmail.com. I can't help you if I don't know about it, and if you have posted up here, please email me. Again, can't get you a resolution unless I can speak to you about it.

For Jesse - sorry, all trophies I have access to buy are made in China, however, you were shorted your overall trophies because they didn't come in on time. Please email me so I can get them to you. Also, the awards presentation was 3 hours long. It was that long because it takes that long to get through everything, however it's normally 2 1/2 hours. I'm not going to put a time limit on something like the hall of fame, and the raffles happen when they do to break things up. The raffles aren't done during dinner because nobody's paying attention, and that's when most of the tickets are sold. Also, this is only my third year of doing the banquets, and I have made changes based on feedback from previous banquets. While I strive to put on the best event possible, it's not going to be 100% perfect, as every venue has its challenges, and every time a venue changes there's a new set of challenges. Part of the reason I was tasked with this was because the majority people were tired of having a do it yourself in an empty building & having to rv it to attend.

For Michael Snyder - what part of the slide could you not read? I had the rider names in white, and some sponsors in yellow and blue. Also for the noise level, next year I'm going employ the use of an air horn.

For Michael McGehee - thank you for clarifying it was the dark blue you couldn't see.

Ryan Max Johnson - yes there will be an option to attend without dinner on the ticket form, so that way you will have a seat to sit in, but won't have to purchase a meal if you choose not to.

Dennis - please email me so I can get you taken care of.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken, and I can't improve an event unless I know what needs improving. Thank you everyone for voicing your concerns and speaking candidly.
    Thanks for everything Shandra. I think the banquet was a hit. I ate dinner before the event. The price of a ticket is not that bad overall, but a non-dinner option would be nice.
    PLEASE keep the golf tournament. I don't play much or well, but I had a blast with some great friends. One suggestion, each cart should have 1 CMRA member in it. So for a 4 man team, only 2 non-members allowed. Just a suggestion, I know there was some concern as to having enough players, but I assure EVERYONE its a blast. So come on out and play/drink.

One request, all the ladies must dress up for race weekends. I could barely recognize some of you!!
    P1 Racing
    Performance Empowered by Quality
    (281) 255-6004
    www.p-1race.com

I remember having the banquet there a few years ago w/ no food issues. Whatever happened it was certainly an unfortunate surprise. I do know Whataburger never tasted so good at 2am...I think.

@Hutch "One request, all the ladies must dress up for race weekends" ----Easy buddy...I'd like to be able to focus on racing on race weekends :-)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    One request, all the ladies must dress up for race weekends. I could barely recognize some of you!![/QUOTE]

^^^^ That's just funny!! ^^^^

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Montgomery View Post
    I remember having the banquet there a few years ago w/ no food issues. Whatever happened it was certainly an unfortunate surprise. I do know Whataburger never tasted so good at 2am...I think.

@Hutch "One request, all the ladies must dress up for race weekends" ----Easy buddy...I'd like to be able to focus on racing on race weekends :-)
    I vaguely remember something about whataburger!