Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banquet Food Service

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Caudle View Post
    I thought maybe I was the only one who thought the food + drinks was a little expensive for what it was. I'm easy to please though, couple of kegs done winner's circle style and I'd be happy.
    What food?
    The drinks were a little pricey but I didn't expect to pay less than what they were charging.
    Its almost like a cash bar at a wedding.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Back in the day , we would gather at a park , or the track...we were lucky to get hotdogs...still great to attend! The banquet was Fantastic! Again, seeing all the racing family was well worth attendance. The food was a problem, but the venue is a really cool place! Thanks to the CMRA, new board Members, and all that attended! Can't wait till next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post

I have a 6000 Sq Ft empty building on the lot where my shop is, with 2 acres of parking and room for RV camping. If its still empty when the banquet rolls around next season, the club can use it free of charge.
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Jesse Davis?

Obviously the food service situation was a huge disappointment to everyone...including those who helped organize and plan it.

New cook, bad timing, etc. The venue is very embarrassed and is working with Shandra to come to a resolution.

All in all, Shandra did an awesome job putting this huge event together with very little help. I appreciate everything she does for the club!
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Shandra Crawford
    I'm sorry to hear about the food, and when it was brought to my attention by the venue, there wasn't a whole lot I could do except ask them to get it out quick & advise the people waiting in line how long it would be, and they told me they would also give those people in line free drink tickets. I did speak to them afterwards about this, and I will be calling each and every person that turned in a ticket form to address this.

If you did buy or receive a ticket but didn't get a meal, please email me directly at cmrapromotions@gmail.com. I can't help you if I don't know about it, and if you have posted up here, please email me. Again, can't get you a resolution unless I can speak to you about it.

For Jesse - sorry, all trophies I have access to buy are made in China, however, you were shorted your overall trophies because they didn't come in on time. Please email me so I can get them to you. Also, the awards presentation was 3 hours long. It was that long because it takes that long to get through everything, however it's normally 2 1/2 hours. I'm not going to put a time limit on something like the hall of fame, and the raffles happen when they do to break things up. The raffles aren't done during dinner because nobody's paying attention, and that's when most of the tickets are sold. Also, this is only my third year of doing the banquets, and I have made changes based on feedback from previous banquets. While I strive to put on the best event possible, it's not going to be 100% perfect, as every venue has its challenges, and every time a venue changes there's a new set of challenges. Part of the reason I was tasked with this was because the majority people were tired of having a do it yourself in an empty building & having to rv it to attend.

For Michael Snyder - what part of the slide could you not read? I had the rider names in white, and some sponsors in yellow and blue. Also for the noise level, next year I'm going employ the use of an air horn.

For Michael McGehee - thank you for clarifying it was the dark blue you couldn't see.

Ryan Max Johnson - yes there will be an option to attend without dinner on the ticket form, so that way you will have a seat to sit in, but won't have to purchase a meal if you choose not to.

Dennis - please email me so I can get you taken care of.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken, and I can't improve an event unless I know what needs improving. Thank you everyone for voicing your concerns and speaking candidly.
    Last edited by Shandra Crawford; 12-07-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    You did a good job Shandra. I thought the event was run very well.
    I will email you about the meals.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    My favorite part was those kids accepting those trophies and listening to their speeches. I loved hearing the things that they appreciated and how mature they sounded for their age. Especially the one young man who's name I can't remember, who appreciated the CMRA for providing a place for kids to ride on great tracks. These kids just really impressed me which really speaks not only to their parents but to this club.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Shandra,

I could not read the blue at all but the reason I bring it up is we had a couple different sponsor folks sitting with us and they made the comments about not getting credit for their second and third place folks because it was so hard to read. I will let them contact you directly with any issue they had with it.

FWIW, I have put on several banquets for other mc clubs and gatherings and have quite a great understanding of what it takes to pull it off, you did good. If you want an extra hand with stuff next year let me know I will step up to help out.

Michael

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
    I understand that it takes alot to make the banquet happen, and to get it perfect....even though we've been doing them for so long...is a challenge. Here are my thoughts:

There has to be a way to keep the show under 6 hours long....zzzzzzzz
    $37.50 per ticket for mediocre cold food is a little outrageous.
    $8.00 for a maker's on the rocks is also a little high.
    How drunk should the MC be?
    The cheap chinese trophies were pretty lame.
    All the raffle $hit should happen during dinner, and not interrupt the trophy presentation.

Having Chuckie accept the award for Dane was really great and he gave a really great speech.
    Ryan's Grom trophies were awesome.
    The other Ryan's proposal was brilliantly delivered. Congrats.

I have a 6000 Sq Ft empty building on the lot where my shop is, with 2 acres of parking and room for RV camping. If its still empty when the banquet rolls around next season, the club can use it free of charge.
    Points to consider right here.
    Linz
    Expert #97
    CRRC/CMRA Member Since 1987
    Former and Current BoD Member
    Former CMRA Staffer

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Have it at my place next year. Get some food trucks to cater. Live bands etc. You don't HAVE to RV camp, because it's Austin and there are hotels in every direction 5 minutes away. Seriously. A free mega venue.