Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Show me your rigs!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Okay I gathered up some stuff last week and I'm going to start tinkering today! Here's where I'm at so far:

- Harbor Freight wheel chocks (thanks to Dave for recommending these - I did a lot of reading on them and decided to give em a shot. In fact as I was standing in line with them a guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hey I've had one of those for years and it works great. You'll love it" So that was reassuring) :D

- One strip of E-track (For the record HF has E-track dirt cheap. I'm going to cut this up and use in smaller sections as John recommended. I do have four D-rings which were pre-installed, they're just too far in the corners to really be useful)

- LED puck lights from Lowe's are magnetic and I can move them around on the ceiling. They make great light!

- Kobalt "K-rail" with hooks, shelves and baskets. Rather than installing permanent hooks and shelves I figure I can move these around as needed.

Question:

- What did you guys use for insulation behind the wood?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    I used Prodex. It's reflective on both sides, foam in the middle and we used it to form fit our window fittins in the RV to keep additional heat/light out during the summer. Very easy to install.

http://www.insulation4less.com/default.aspx

Also, these are the d-rings I use for various stuff along the walls and even for tying down the scooters.
    Check ebay, for this description - 20 of them for $25.
    1/4 ROPE RINGS TIE DOWN D RINGS CARGO TRAILER D RING
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I've had the HF wheel chocks mounted in my open trailer for years and it still looks and works great. I've used other peoples Baxley's several times. For purposes of mounting them in a trailer, I wouldn't spend the extra money.

I haven't used the HF e-track, but I read some reviews online that said they aren't deep enough. So some e-track accessories will not clip/lock in. Something to be aware of - might need to put some washers or something behind where you screw it in to push it out a little bit. I got all my e-track online, but haven't installed it yet.
    -Cody

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by John Orchard View Post
    I used Prodex. It's reflective on both sides, foam in the middle and we used it to form fit our window fittins in the RV to keep additional heat/light out during the summer. Very easy to install.
    I think the reflective insulation is a good idea since my trailer is black. heh

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and put down some epoxy!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Nice! Coming along! FWIW...I painted the inside of my trailer with Kilz Oil based...it's good stuff. Free buzz too.
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Dye View Post
    Nice! Coming along! FWIW...I painted the inside of my trailer with Kilz Oil based...it's good stuff. Free buzz too.
    Thanks Allen! Not sure if I'll have time to paint the walls before MSRH, I need to focus on the bikes more now. LOL

Anyway here's the last photos for a while - decals on and tethers in. We are going to add a toolbox and a few more K-rails for baskets and hooks. Thanks to Fowler Volkswagen for the support this year, they're the reason we look all professional and much faster than we actually will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Corder View Post
    The outside of my 5x8 is not very impressive

I have done a TON of work on the inside though.

Nice rigs!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Last week I went to replace the flooring in mine and got an unexpected surprise.

BEFORE
    You can see the new flooring rolled up on the left.

AFTER REMOVAL

OH CRAP!

[/URL]
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org