Thread: Mountain Bike Stolen at TWS

Bike #

Mountain Bike Stolen at TWS

Hey CMRA family,

Some time during the final hour of the big bike endurance on Saturday my wife's $1,600 mountain bike was stolen from the NW corner of the paddock area (near the Shinko vendor).

I'm hopeful that it was taken in error and that somebody will come forward with news on the whereabouts, but sadly that's probably not the case.

It's a 2013 Giant Anthem X 29er 0 W (Women's bike easy to spot by the curved top tube):

It may still have the dealer stickers on it (Mellow Johnny's in Austin) and I should be able to find the serial number if needed.

I hate to say this because the paddock has always been a care-free and trustworthy place, but this theft is not the only issue in recent rounds. My personal sprint bike had the rebound and compression damping fully backed out recently and I'm aware of at least one other racer that had the same done to them. Needless to say, the risk of injury was very real...

So... please keep an eye out for odd behavior and I'll do the same. A hidden webcam here an there might be a good idea as well.

Thanks
    Chicken Hawk | Motion Pro | Raceworx | Racing Engine Service | Vortex Racing

Sorry to hear, hope you guys get it back. There were some suspect looking individuals this round.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Man that's a nice bike too really sad to hear this, I was pitted next to you guys in the paddock, but was also racing. I've always brought mine to the track but I am going to have to buy a $100 Walmart Huffy for the track now.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Out of all the things at the track they steal a bicycle? It's a really nice bike but out of all the generators, pit bikes, and trailers. Austin has had a large stolen bicycle market in the past. I will keep an out on the Fort Worth bicycle groups.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I have come to think of the CMRA as a big family, and have felt like I was acting a little paranoid by sticking generators in my trailer or locking up items, but this is just a reminder that even in a family there can be some bad characters. Like Walter said, "See something, say something" Good luck on recovering the bike, but suspicious if we haven't found it yet, it's gone.
    SV650
    R1100RS
    R1150GS
    RC51
    others

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I hate to say this but I went back and forth from my campsite to the pits throughout the endurance and I've noticed some lurkers that did not look like they belong with our family.
    At one time this guy was picking to see what was inside my truck because all my things were covered and or hidden under the RV and when I asked him what he was looking for he said that he thought it was his "buddy" truck... :-/ He was wearing a silver Bilt textile jacket.
    BTW I was camped by T10
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I saw some lurkers too...just had an uneasy feeling about them. Didn't look they belonged. Way up on the skid pad looking at equipment, not watching the race.
    Allen Dye