Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walter et al

Walter et al

I just wanted to post up my support for Walter Walker, Nancy Selleck, Steve McNamara, John Orchard, Jim Dugger and the rest of the board.

The insults, personal attacks, and general disrespect on this forum for these people is disturbing and shameful. How they react to all this is a testament to each and every one of their characters.

Speaking about Walter in particular - my direct experience working with him tells me he's reasonable, hardworking, fair, and honest. We're lucky to have someone with his experience and work ethic as the Race Director. Someone who can make the tough calls and stand his ground, yet still be open to consider other viewpoints.

In fact he works very hard to be fair to each and every racer out there....we've had many conversations about it in scoring. I guess that's one of the reasons I find it so hard to understand all these people that seem to be gunning for him.

And the giving these board members all this grief?? These are racers, who wanted to give something back to the club. Now they're doing a hard job, where you will never satisfy everyone, where people will question your motivation, question your character, and question every single one of your actions. All for free...no pay. I salute all who even entertain that idea.

I think a little respect, professionalism, and understanding when bringing up grievances is well deserved.
    Greg LeClair
    CMRA Scoring/Results

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Cheers!
    Co-Founder, Bison Track Gear - Bespoke suits, gloves, and track apparel. www.bisontrack.com

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Well said Greg.

I agree.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I agree with all Greg....especially the Walter part. I have gotten to know him a little bit over the last year or so and I can tell you he has nothing but the best interest of the CMRA, the racers and supporters in his thoughts and processes. He is a good family man with good morals and someone I am proud to call a friend.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'm curious to ask Greg what do you think is disrespect? I don't see the asking of questions or activating a mechanism that is in the bylaws for the members to use as disrespect . However I have to admit I have not read every comment on this so someone may have been disrespectful .
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Greg - thank you for posting something positive. The past few weeks, months, and longer - positive feedback seems to be very hard to come by. It's nice to know that there are people out there who appreciate the hard work put in by Walter, Ryan, Nancy, Alan, Kim, Roxana, yourself, Autumn, Raynie, Jeff, Michael, Steve, Barry, Sarah, Laverne and I'm positive I'm forgetting a few staffers..., the board of directors who, as you mentioned, don't get jack with regards to compensation, unless of course you consider being sued and accused of wrong-doings a 'perk'.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Corder View Post
    I'm curious to ask Greg what do you think is disrespect? I don't see the asking of questions or activating a mechanism that is in the bylaws for the members to use as disrespect . However I have to admit I have not read every comment on this so someone may have been disrespectful .
    Corderoy, why can't you just let a nice post stay a nice post? Why must you question every 'motive'?

I don't see the asking of questions or activating a mechanism that is in the bylaws for the members to use as disrespect . However I have to admit I have not read every comment on this so someone may have been disrespectful .
    C'mon Chris, you know that's not what I'm talking about. I'm all for active dissent to improve the organization.

You don't have to read many comments to see what I'm talking about. Post one, sentence one:
    http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...Linz-got-fired
    Greg LeClair
    CMRA Scoring/Results

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thank you Greg for bringing a little sanity to this forum. As I set back and read all the nonsense and negativity in disbelief, its great to see at least one member remembers that the BoD and staff are not punching bags.

It truly amazes me to see posts from members, that only joined in the last few years, tell the BoD and staff how wrong they are about everything they do. That would be like them telling me how to ride.

The CMRA is a great place to race because of the BoD and staff put countless hours into making it that way. Lets keep it that way and not run everyone off that cares!!! If they make a decision I can promise you the best interest of club was put first and foremost. So remember that when you dispute any decision they make.
    Last edited by Ty Howard; 04-13-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: who am I kidding, I'm in a lawsuit where the CMRA membership is named as the plantiff. Thanks!
    Private lessons available at MSR and ECR
    One on One or groups up to 5 students
    Email typhoonpowersports@yahoo.com or visit me on Facebook.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Greg and Marian,

I apologize for posting this and messing up your thread. I should not have asked that question of Greg.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Greg and Marian,

I apologize for posting this and messing up your thread. I should not have asked that question of Greg.
    Doesn't bother me, Chris.

Dang, I hate trying to communicate via message board.
    Greg LeClair
    CMRA Scoring/Results