Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walter et al

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I just wanted to share some dad advice I received as a young child: "People do ...stupid things." I have found this to be universally true. As long as there are two people in the world, not everyone will get along. Take the good with the bad and have as much fun as you possibly can. Whenever it becomes more headache than fun is the day to leave. Until then I'm just going to have fun racing.

I have a certain respect for some board members and there are some that I have yet to have any experience to base judgement. I look forward to my time in this club and meeting more friends and getting to know more board members and staff. Your work makes race weekends more fun than not and that's all I can ask for.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    +1 for Nancy dealing with all the Pandas' ****...... Nancy, can we change names? Nancy, can we change transponder numbers? Nancy, can we cancel our pre-registration? Nancy, can we remove Caleb from the team?
    Shermoto Racing
    Owner
    CMRA #620

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by David Adams11 View Post
    Allen are ad hominem attacks positive or negative? Have your two posts in here contributed to the positive nature this thread started out with?
    Good point Dave...sometimes people step in poo and they don't realize that they are walking through it and tracking it into an otherwise clean house. Is it an attack to point out that a few guest have poo on their shoes? I suppose it could be. Nevertheless, I like the house that I'm working hard to keep clean. I'd appreciate it if the guest would recognize it and only walk with soiled shoes in those places where that's appropriate.
    Allen Dye

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Dye View Post
    Good point Dave...sometimes people step in poo and they don't realize that they are walking through it and tracking it into an otherwise clean house. Is it an attack to point out that a few guest have poo on their shoes? I suppose it could be. Nevertheless, I like the house that I'm working hard to keep clean. I'd appreciate it if the guest would recognize it and only walk with soiled shoes in those places where that's appropriate.
    I meant that you called them knuckleheads. But as we have witnessed calling out the negativity only feeds it and makes it the point of this thread. I get what you're trying to do, but a lot of time on forums it just doesn't work. Thanks for working the thankless job and trying to make cmra a place that we can enjoy motorcycles.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman Yeung View Post
    Nancy, can we remove Caleb from the team?
    The tribe took and vote and we want Caleb off the island.

I try to do my best to read all the rules and follow the instructions when sending in my forms.
    I've had to email Nancy a few times. She even once confused me with Braeden Ortt. Who hasn't though?
    Point is whenever I am paying for a service (club dues and races fees or even while eating out) I don't have the right to be an ***.
    If you ever waited tables you know what I mean. I always try to be the nice customer they had to deal with that day and that generally will get you better service.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
    your mileage may vary.
    ^^^^+1

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Orr View Post
    The tribe took and vote and we want Caleb off the island.

I try to do my best to read all the rules and follow the instructions when sending in my forms.
    I've had to email Nancy a few times. She even once confused me with Braeden Ortt. Who hasn't though?
    Point is whenever I am paying for a service (club dues and races fees or even while eating out) I don't have the right to be an ***.
    If you ever waited tables you know what I mean. I always try to be the nice customer they had to deal with that day and that generally will get you better service.
    That is actually part of my interview process. I have not hired otherwise qualified people because they were not nice, dismissive or outright ******** to either the person that managed their interview, the person at the front desk or waitstaff at lunch even though they were perfectly cordial with me and other interviews.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Are we talking CA, TX, or NY nice?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gurevich View Post
    Are we talking CA, TX, or NY nice?
    How do you think I married up like I did?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98