Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lap timer??

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post

i think something like this is what you guys need.
    Linda likes this idea.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I use Harry's lap timer on my old Iphone 4, it's got every track in the world, and I am not kidding either. I use a Dual GPS reciever via bluetooth. You basically use your current phone as a hotspot (you only have to do it once, it may seem like a pain but it's not) and tether the iphone to that, pick the track and that's about it. It's very accurate, i've checked it against my transponder and it was dead on. It's already got the start/finish line and splits, as well as being specific for track direction. It keeps a log of your laps and always shows a reference lap, that you can choose. I made a bracket that's attached to the fairing stay and positions the iphone above the gauges so you look through it as your looking through the wind screen. It works very well, as your heading to the finish line, you can see your target time and the distance to the finish line. It puts everything in perspective, it's also got a green and red meter that tells you if your ahead or behind of your best lap.

Will the phone battery last for 6 or 8 hours with the GPS active?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I am currently looking at the some of the more expensive lap timers, as I want more data to look at these days. But the Harry's is an accurate and inexpensive way to see what your running, plus the iphone is small and light weight and can be mounted just about anywhere. It's a hodgepodge system, but it does work.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Make McDermott View Post
    Will the phone battery last for 6 or 8 hours with the GPS active?
    I added a usb power port to our endurance bike, and plugged them both into it. I don't use the onboard GPS, I use a Dual brand GPS reciever, it's tethered via bluetooth.

This is my setup, although I've moved the GPS receiver to my tail section. Top part of the phone case removed for the picture.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Here's mine

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

this guy is selling home made gps lap timers for $99 ish i think.

Status
    Expert
    There is also a small rod (stick) you can attach to your tank , and see the sun's shadow as you finish each lap!