Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Titus Goodger - Funeral & Donation Information

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marian Orchard View Post
    I only recall meeting Titus face to face once. That was when he picked up his pre-registration packet and I told him that his physical appreance didn't match with what I'd had in my head based on the name "Titus". He laughed, I laughed and I remember his friendly face (which wasn't part of the image in my head initially!)
    LOL! The first time I met him in tech I told him basically the same thing. "Titus? That was my granddad's last name. You don't look like him...or a Titus." He laughed and he and I spoke of his name pretty much every time I'd see him after that. I recall one day he said to me, "Hey Linz, I just learned your first name is actually Lindsey." I said, "Yes, sir. But phonetically, Linz can be pronounced Lindsey if you split it into two syllables..." Then I told him that it was my grandmother, the same grandmother that held the last name Titus, that had named me - true story. He belly laughed at that.

Makes me crack a smile to think of that conversation with him now.
    Linz
    Expert #97
    CRRC/CMRA Member Since 1987
    Former and Current BoD Member
    Former CMRA Staffer

Perhaps others have smiling memories they'd like to share about Titus? Not sure this thread would be THE location for that, but an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titus's funeral arrangements:

Friday, May 20 at 1:00 p.m.
    Fayetteville National Cemetary
    700 S. Government Ave
    Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

And thanks to all who donated to help his mom. The amount raised has helped to pay for the cremation and Titus's moms travel expenses to and from the funeral.

Thank you all!
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

I met Titus 3 years ago at a Hallett track day. Our names are so similar I joked that he might be my evil twin. He was joking around with me about my little Chevy S10. He said the bed-extender I had was a band-aid for a truck that's too small! Haha Very sorry to hear that Titus is no longer with us. R.I.P. Titus.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I'm pretty certain that I met Titus, but only met. I can't say that I knew him personally. But I know allot about him. Each of our stories are written on the pages of time. Stories about sitting on the couch and watching TV don't get retold by others. I know that Titus fought for his country in Foreign lands. I know that he jumped out of airplanes and raced motorcycles. I know all this because we've been telling his story...and he wrote a pretty good one.