Thread: How Can A White Plate Expert Rotinely Practiceing With Yellow Plate Novices?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

How Can A White Plate Expert Rotinely Practiceing With Yellow Plate Novices?

I was asked this question many times over the last few years, and I never had a definive answer for the asker of the question.

Indeed, it's common that faster yellow plate novices will ask for, and be granted, the right to practice with the white plate experts, but it's far less common to be a white plate expert and routinely practice with the yellow plate novices. I know very well the practice groups and how they are split up. If you race a big bike (600cc and up multi), and especially if you race some classes that aren't combined (no expert or novice distinction), you should be practicing with the white plate experts, especially if you want to go faster as the faster folks will help you go faster. If you don't feel comfortable being an expert and practicing with the white plate experts, then maybe take a step back to yellow?

For the new racers in our club, and for those that asked but never got an answer that satisfied, please explain.

Last edited by Linz Leard; 05-06-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: How Come We Can Never Edit The Title Of A Thread?
    Linz
    Expert #97
    CRRC/CMRA Member Since 1987
    Former and Current BoD Member
    Former CMRA Staffer

Would that be a Walter question?

(Good shot btw, as usual!)

I think the question has validity, I don't know if the content of the photo was meant as slam or not, that's not for me to decide or know (the only time I actually get on the track is to kick Daisy's arse in the spectator lap ��). But the photo is good, as is the norm from whence it came!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marian Orchard; 05-07-2016 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Not taking sides...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marian Orchard View Post

Yep, Marian, it's ultimately a race director question. Since he's an official, he can chime in here, of course.

The times I was asked about it, I usually advised people to talk with the race director and voice whatever concern they had with it. Now, if they actually went to him or not, I can't say for certain. I know some people over the last few seasons were simply curious how it could happen, and others were complaining because they felt like the rider might be getting advantageous seat time or that it was perceived selective double standards.

Thanks for the kudos on the shot. I believe that's NOLA from last season.
    Last edited by Linz Leard; 05-07-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Please, Michael, everthing is personal if your're a person...
    Linz
    Expert #97
    Former CMRA Staffer

Well he is a scary guy .

They could go talk to Danny, the liaison, about it I guess

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marian Orchard View Post

I think the question has validity, I don't know if the content of the photo was meant as slam or not, that's not for me to decide or know (the only time I actually get on the track is to kick Daisy's arse in the spectator lap ��). But the photo is good, as is the norm from whence it came!

This is not a "slam" against anyone. It's a legitimate rule book question that deserves to be answered for the good of the club. For years I posted up pictures of racer's bad numbers and terrible safety wiring jobs, and I can't recall anyone ever taking that stuff personally. I didn't name names with those pictures, but you could find out the rider by number if you wanted to. Similarly, I don't name a racer by name here, either. There's no hidden agenda, folks, so let's not make this into something it's not.
    Linz
    Expert #97
    Former CMRA Staffer