Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil Info

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I found one in my email but can't attached it in a post.
    Get me your email and I'll forward it to you.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Kasey maybe I'm missing it, but how long was the interval on that test?
    Co-Founder, Bison Track Gear - Bespoke suits, gloves, and track apparel. www.bisontrack.com

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    That's 4 samples. If you look on the left side you will see "Sample #" each row is an independent test. The second main block down you will see "Lube Time" that's the mileage the oil/bike had on it. The wear parts and debris are always high on break in tests and since it went right onto the track it was spread out. The last sample most of the wear metals dropped to "normal levels".

Analyzed my oil a while back, and I change it around the 700 mile mark. Need to get it analyzed again and can probably push the oil changes back even further. People change their oil after every race weekend for peace of mind, but to be honest, it's probably a waste without proper oil analysis to see if it's actually deemed necessary. Every person's bike is different, so the oil change interval will differ.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Brandon, bring a kit for me this weekend. Thanks for the lead.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    The thing I don't like about the Oil Analyzers report that Kasey posted is it doesn't show what acceptable levels are.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    The thing I don't like about the Oil Analyzers report that Kasey posted is it doesn't show what acceptable levels are.
    Blackstone Labs yo.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    Are you referring to the baseline of the oil you use?

Either you can start with a unused sample and label it as a baseline when you send in for testing, or you can look up these values on the manufacturers website.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Orr View Post
    Are you referring to the baseline of the oil you use?

Either you can start with a unused sample and label it as a baseline when you send in for testing, or you can look up these values on the manufacturers website.
    No, referring to the minerals, etc IN the sample. For example, it lists the amount of copper. None of the 4 blocks are highlighted which i guess means he wasn't too high, but what is the limit that it should be under? On the Blackstone report it doesn't give acceptable ranges, but at least show what the "Universal average" is to give you an idea of how you are doing. And don't get me wrong, i have no agenda to support Blackstone. That is the one and only test I have ever done, so it is my only other reference.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org