Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMB 260 not fully charging

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Haha, and they didn't have a location on Google maps from what I could find. Mention CMRA so we can get some pull.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    i just called the guy at Mueller to let him know i found out through the CMRA. he's got super quick turn around, I placed the order for a charger yesterday and received a tracking number this morning.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I just talked to John Mueller, he was a ton of help. I'm going to watch this thing to see how long the charge last based on what John said. If it needs a battery I will get with him soon enough. I suggest anyone needing theirs fixed to give him a call.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

For future reference, I believe the manual says to charge it once every 3 months, then let it fully discharge (for off season purposes, or if you aren't racing a lot in one season). I don't know how much that would affect battery life in the long run, but something to consider.

That being said, replacing the battery on these isn't too bad. If you'd rather not do it yourself, then you can get back with John.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGehee View Post
    i just called the guy at Mueller to let him know i found out through the CMRA. he's got super quick turn around, I placed the order for a charger yesterday and received a tracking number this morning.
    by ordering transponder parts, does that mean we will see you on the grid in 2017?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    it does indeed ;)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGehee View Post
    it does indeed ;)
    Nice!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Got my Transponder back from John Meuller.
    He put in a new battery for my old square Transponder. It took several charging cycles (letting it fully die, then recharge) but now it flashes green for 6 days. It's like a brand new Transponder. Totally worth the $55 plus shipping.
    Novice #728
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Orr View Post
    Got my Transponder back from John Meuller.
    He put in a new battery for my old square Transponder. It took several charging cycles (letting it fully die, then recharge) but now it flashes green for 6 days. It's like a brand new Transponder. Totally worth the $55 plus shipping.
    overall a big fan of that guys operation. the price was more than reasonable for a 3D printed charging cradle+cord+car charger and I think I received it within a few days from houston.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Does anyone knows if Mr. Mueller is still doing transponder repairs?
    CMRA#672