Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Detailed Schedule

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Far for who, Scott? Also, I suspect I'm not the only one confused by your posts. If you could edit them so they're easier to understand, it might help your case.

Strange schedule, but endurance (even LWE) could use some experimentation to hopefully liven it up
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Maaaaan this couldn't be a tougher schedule for me (and I presume, several others running ULWE). I totally understand you're never going to make everyone happy, and y'all should know by now I'm like CMRA Ghandi when it comes to keeping the peace and not complaining BUT... scheduling the three longest-distance events as ULWE races certainly reeks of BBE favoritism. I started last season with no intention of running ULWE and finished the season having run with two teams and having an absolute blast on minimal budget. This winter I've made plans to commit much more time and effort towards the lightweight enduros over the big bike sprints, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not sitting here having a change of heart now. I can tell you I've spoken to a few ULWE racers over the phone already this evening (along with one who planned on coming over from BB sprints) and they're disheartened too. To me, ULWE is where your future big dogs get their foot in the door and current big dogs drop in to have some fun. Maybe I'm biased (as someone who probably has one of the tightest racing budget in the CMRA) but affordability, accessibility and FUN should always be the ULWE focus and this schedule is Step 1 in moving away from that.

I truly commend the board and Walter for their time in putting the schedule together but I felt it important to voice my concerns. Regardless of the above rant, I absolutely can't wait for the 2017 season!
    Co-Founder, Bison Track Gear - Bespoke suits, gloves, and track apparel. www.bisontrack.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Far for who, Scott?
    For starters? Everyone north of the Texas border.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Strange schedule, but endurance (even LWE) could use some experimentation to hopefully liven it up
    I don't disagree with that, but a back-to-back Houston/NOLA to start the season isn't the sort of livening-up I'd have hoped for. You said it yourself: strange.
    Co-Founder, Bison Track Gear - Bespoke suits, gloves, and track apparel. www.bisontrack.com

As a member of the BBE world and having a son that will do his first
    Year of racing in the Grom class I will make the trip to Nola hoping
    There is a ULE team looking for help. If not Walter offered to babysit
    While I go gambling.
    BAHAHAHAHA!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I thank Walter and the board for the schedule. For the last two years people complained about TWS on the ULW and many vocalized that ULW grids were higher than BBE that NOLA should be a ULW round. Now they listened and reacted and yet within minutes of this being posted people start yacking about it being unfair.

I don't get it. Everyone certaintly is entitled to opinions and concerns with out a doubt but looks to me on the surface the club reacted to give ULW guys what they wanted. I don't mean to put down anyone but all 350 + active racers can't get tailored to them schedules.

I'm sorry not meant to offend or flame anyone.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Finning View Post
    .. no TWS for lwe?...
    ya, I'm a huge fan of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    I don't know, Scott, people have been asking for LWE at NOLA for a couple years. Personally, I like it better than the TWS Long Course on a 250 (and everyone knows how I feel about that lol). They probably cut TWS out just so they wouldn't have to listen to me complain, or see the little hands again.
    ya, was just really surprised by the back-to-back rounds, with a 3 month break.. but we do have the first and last race of the season.. so that is something..wasn't expecting to go to NOLA this year.. but was looking forward to being on that track again eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lackey View Post
    For starters? Everyone north of the Texas border.
    I don't disagree with that, but a back-to-back Houston/NOLA to start the season isn't the sort of livening-up I'd have hoped for. You said it yourself: strange.
    ya, but a 3 month break in the middle... for more track days? :-) big change from last season, should be interesting. (and I need the practice!)
    Dean "Sparky" Darnell
    former owner, #91 BootLeggers LWE
    Former #912 Novice , but still "Fat guy on a small bike"

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    All - I would like to add just a few points of consideration that went into this schedule that made this a tough one to pull together.

Couple of keys:
    • We're very lucky to have TWS at all this year. As it turns out Walter was able to get three dates for 2017. Without TWS, we would more than likely have a 9 round season.
    • Over the past several years, NOLA has been in the month of June which was a little bit less expensive, but at the 'cost' of almost guaranteed rain which has impacted every event to a degree each year. We've targeted NOLA as the long term March replacement for TWS and it was available this year and we felt that it was a good strategic move.
    • The early season races run the risk of being very cold with poor track conditions. Holding those early rounds at our southern most tracks gives us the best chance for the best weather.
    • The board overwhelmingly responded to the requests from the ULWE participants to hold an event at NOLA. NOLA is also the best Championship Endurance track....it will be a loss for the CE series this year, but Walter has always advocated moving things around year over year to ensure that all aspects of the CMRA have the same opportunity to the degree possible.

There are other considerations as well, but this comes to mind for now - hope that helps the perspective some.
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Ya, I am surprised by the complaints about NOLA, like John said, losing Nola from the CE schedule hurts, but I understand the why of it. There were a lot of requests for the ULWE to run Nola, and they listened, ULWE deserves a chance at NOLA. I hope they decide to run the long course, the back section is fun, flowing and challenging, probably my favorite other than the esses.

The back to back to back CE races are tough, but considering we get to run TWS again, I cannot complain. TWS on a mini can be down right boring. MSRH is my home track, I love the track, but it's absolutely brutal on a 600 at an hour stint, not going to miss it one bit.

While it's an odd schedule, I can tell that Walter and the BOD put a lot of time into it for this year as well as thinking about future dates and a future schedule. Once again thanks for the hard work.

What direction are the races?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Anguiano View Post
    What direction are the races?
    Forward
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org