Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rule Book Posted "Revised 1/24/17"

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hertell View Post
    The changes are highlighted IN BOLD UNDERLINE
    I was just testing a theory. Thanks for the confirmation!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    ... I have to say it seems backward. I get a single practice start, and I have to time it pretty perfect....
    I didn't care for this last year and still don't this year. Provided I make both practice sessions, that means I can only do 2 practice starts. I also either have to stay out the entire practice or time it right to go back out at the end of practice. What is the reason it was moved from the pit lane area to out on the track?

On the Friday practice days, will there be a place to do practice starts during the session or will it be the same set up as race days?
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    No quick fill in ultra lightweight Gp ...bummer.

Guess I'll be buying a new tank for the R3

Really think this is a giant step back in terms of safety. Quick fill/ dry break is much Safer

There are no bikes in lightweight that can use daybreak but an old 250 Kawi or 500 classic machine.
    Last edited by Carl Price; 01-04-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Carl, I think I've demonstrated inability to read and understand rules, yet I'm not sure where the rules indicate no quickfill for ULGP. For endurance, it seems to indicate that quick fill modifications are disallowed until approved, not that they are utterly disallowed. Maybe there's an excerpt I'm missing for ULGP, specifically
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

2017 Rule Book Posted

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Carl, I think I've demonstrated inability to read and understand rules, yet I'm not sure where the rules indicate no quickfill for ULGP. For endurance, it seems to indicate that quick fill modifications are disallowed until approved, not that they are utterly disallowed. Maybe there's an excerpt I'm missing for ULGP, specifically
    As I read the endurance section, no endurance mods are allowed for Superstock machines. This would include any ULWGP superstock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CMRA #413
    G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
    2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
    2015 US National Endurance LW National Champions

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Doyle View Post
    As I read the endurance section, no endurance mods are allowed for Superstock machines. This would include any ULWGP superstock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's the way I read it Jim. The only bike allowed superbike rules in ultra lightweight GP is the Kawi 250

Josh. Read page 21 then 32. Superstock bikes are not allowed endurance modifications like quick change or quickfill only Superbikes.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Read that. See what you mean. Interesting because ULGP doesn't quite seem like a SS class except that specific bikes are called out for one or the other. Perhaps a clarifying amendment is ideal
    Provisional Expert #98

I'm a bit confused with the ULGP part too. I see it says it uses ULGP sprint rules "as modified for endurance in this section". It goes on to talk about written permission etc, so it seems that if you get permission, you can still run a dry break or quick fill.

Is that how it's written or am I mistaken?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gallagher View Post
    I'm a bit confused with the ULGP part too. I see it says it uses ULGP sprint rules "as modified for endurance in this section". It goes on to talk about written permission etc, so it seems that if you get permission, you can still run a dry break or quick fill.

Is that how it's written or am I mistaken?
    That is correct. But if you look at the bikes it designates as using superstock rules it's, R3, Ktm, ninja 300. Ninja and R3 make up 90 percent of the class.

The way I read it is that written permission applies to endurance modifications that may deviate from or be in contradiction to other rules , for instance some quick change set ups may not have safety wired axils or fork pinch bolts....you must have written permission to do that. For superstock rules it says that endurance superstock is the same as sprint.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Walter,

Quick question on the Big Bike rules.

For the "top" class, why has A Superbike been selected instead of F1 rules? It would seem there's little difference, an not particular reason we should not allow F1 bikes at that level of competition.

I plan to run Superbike this year in BBE.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE