Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What class do I race in and what's the process

What class do I race in and what's the process

Hey guys,

New racer this season! I'm on a 600rr and I'm trying to plan my race/work weekends this year (gotta work around the fam). I'm trying to figure out what class I'll race in with a 600rr and what the process is for signing up for those races to clear my provnov requirements. I'm planning on knocking out my class and corner working in one long weekend. After that, what races on what days (sat or sun) would I qualify for and how do I sign up for them?

Thanks! I can also hop on the phone with someone who can help out a newbie if you don't feel like typing out a whole response, just pm me!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Usually there is a "Class Cheat Sheet" but it doesn't seem to be working. It is listed on the Home Page along with the entry forms.

http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment...6&d=1455226634

Depending on the parts you have (superbike or superstock) a 600 will usually run in Team60/Solo30 Middle Weight, and B/C sprint classes. You can run a class up in whatever you want.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment...6&d=1483675113

Should be able to read on it in section 6 of the rulebook. It's good to generally read the entire thing. Has everything you need to know.

Basically you'll sign up for the class, get your race license, then show up on a race weekend and sign up for the class your eligible for. It's best to tag along with someone that's very familiar with the process because it can be a little hectic (it was for me for my first race lol). My buddy helped me out a lot.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Sat - Team 60 Middleweight / Solo 30 Middleweight
    - you can run Heavyweight if you want to race up in class

Sun - Superstock C (depending on bike mods) / Superbike C / Formula 40 MW (if 40 years old or older) / Modern Classic (if bike is 2004 or older, or specifically allowed per the rule book)
    - as mentioned, you can also run up the B and A classes, but can not go down in class. A lot of people that run C also run in B.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    whatever you do, DON'T take Cody Stewarts advice and race SSA and SBA for your prov nov races. in fact don't listen to anything Cody says ever.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    #promotecody
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    Sat - Team 60 Middleweight / Solo 30 Middleweight
    - you can run Heavyweight if you want to race up in class

Sun - Superstock C (depending on bike mods) / Superbike C / Formula 40 MW (if 40 years old or older) / Modern Classic (if bike is 2004 or older, or specifically allowed per the rule book)
    - as mentioned, you can also run up the B and A classes, but can not go down in class. A lot of people that run C also run in B.
    Good info here but Morgan, please note that Team 60 is not open to Provisional Novice racers - you can enter that series if you are a non-yellow-shirt Novice.

So, at MSRH, if you're working on your Prov-Nov requirements, Saturday would be a great day for cornerworking.

If you need help with what school/license/pre-entry forms you should fill-out based on your situation give Nancy a call at 817-570-9779, she'll take care of you (noting I don't see you on this list yet 2017 - Sprint Competition Numbers)
    Last edited by Alan Etheredge; 01-18-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Thanks everyone!

Alan, are there any races I can enter on Saturday as a yellow shirt? If not, do I need to race on two separate Sundays to fulfill my racing without crashing requirements?

Also I don't know who cody is, but now I will surely do whatever he recommends, I'm terrible at following well-learned advice from others.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I mean, unless you're already fast, racing in the A's is going to be an interesting experience as a yellow shirt.

Actually, now that it's not a wave race (experts and novices on the grid at the same time), i dunno. Nothing like having Eddie Thornton and Derek Wagnon lap you in the middle of an 8 lap race.

With a 600rr you're limited to being on someone's endurance team or racing lightweight bikes on saturday. Saturday is dedicated to lightweights and endurance.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Puchek View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Alan, are there any races I can enter on Saturday as a yellow shirt? If not, do I need to race on two separate Sundays to fulfill my racing without crashing requirements?

Also I don't know who cody is, but now I will surely do whatever he recommends, I'm terrible at following well-learned advice from others.
    I would recommend contacting Nancy, Walter or Danny. Their contact can be found on the contact page on the main web site for the most accurate guidance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk