Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmet sliding down fix?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Helmet sliding down fix?

Hey guys, so my helmet used to fit pretty snug and now it tilts forward causing me to lose sight of what's in front of me while leaning. I have an RPHA 10 Medium and the biggest pads that can go in there. The helmet fits fine, it's just the helmet will slide forward a bit when I get sweaty. Has anyone ran into this problem before and have any remedies to fix it? Typically slides because of sweat, I already put it on a fan once I get off track but doesn't help too much. Thanks for any advice.

Honestly, just sweat really shouldn't cause your helmet to slide around. It sounds like your helmet doesn't actually fit properly. It might really be worth your while to pick up a small in that helmet, or a medium in a helmet that has a different shape to it, just to see if that helps.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I use the same helmet with no issues. Remember you want to use the tighest fitting helmet that doesn't cause any discomfort. The RPHA10 is the first helmet I have bought in small as all my others are med but in this one it felt too loose when I tried them on. If you look at the HJC site you will see pad sizes for this helmet being completely different from their others. I have several other HJC helmets all in medium that fit the same as the small RPHA 10.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    any issues with a previous helmet? Are the two made for different head shapes?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Jacob... the short answer is your helmet is too tall for your head...
    i had the the same problem too.. the only fix was to put some extra padding in the roof of the helmet. You brand may already have a replacement that does what you need.. otherwise you need to come up with something.. Caution!!!! make sure this is something that doesn't change the contour of the roof..or create a contact spot that could become a problem on impact...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    I use the same helmet with no issues. Remember you want to use the tighest fitting helmet that doesn't cause any discomfort. The RPHA10 is the first helmet I have bought in small as all my others are med but in this one it felt too loose when I tried them on. If you look at the HJC site you will see pad sizes for this helmet being completely different from their others. I have several other HJC helmets all in medium that fit the same as the small RPHA 10.
    Same thing for me. I usually wear a medium in most helmets like Arai, etc. I had to get a small in the RPHA 10 as well for the right fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Rossner View Post
    Honestly, just sweat really shouldn't cause your helmet to slide around. It sounds like your helmet doesn't actually fit properly. It might really be worth your while to pick up a small in that helmet, or a medium in a helmet that has a different shape to it, just to see if that helps.
    I agree with this. If your helmet is doing that, it doesn't fit properly.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    i wear an RHPA 10 medium and haven't noticed any fitment issues. In fact, it only got more comfortable as the cheek pads molded to my face. And i've had plenty of opportunities to test the crash worthiness of the RHPA. I've tried Arai and Shoei and they don't fit right.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Britt View Post
    ....The helmet fits fine, it's just the helmet will slide forward a bit when I get sweaty...
    IMO it doesn't fit fine if its doing this..i would buy a new one honestly.. its not worth a life threatening injury if you happen to crash while sweating and your helmet tries to come off or it cant absorb an impact because its moving around more than it should. . Just last year someone died because of a helmet loss, It was attributed to his quick release chin strap but its still the one piece of gear that should fit perfect.
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Palmore View Post
    IMO it doesn't fit fine if its doing this..i would buy a new one honestly.. its not worth a life threatening injury if you happen to crash while sweating and your helmet tries to come off or it cant absorb an impact because its moving around more than it should. . Just last year someone died because of a helmet loss, It was attributed to his quick release chin strap but its still the one piece of gear that should fit perfect.
    +a million

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk