Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Requirements for New Rider Class

Hybrid View

Tech Requirements for New Rider Class

Does my bike need to be race ready when I'm going through the new rider class on Friday if I'm not planning on racing that weekend?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Puchek View Post
    Does my bike need to be race ready when I'm going through the new rider class on Friday if I'm not planning on racing that weekend?
    All machines on the course during a CMRA practice or race, including those in the CMRA license school, must be fully race ready.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dugger View Post
    All machines on the course during a CMRA practice or race, including those in the CMRA license school, must be fully race ready.
    and this changed when???? Trackday prep is allowed if you are just doing the school and the mock race ONLY . ..oil drain plug, oil filter and filler cap must be wired.
    Last edited by Danny Dominguez; 01-23-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Bike #
    Morgan- I am in the DFW area if you want/need help.
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901
    Triple P Racing/ 2000 SV650 / 2004 GSXR-750

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I dont know that it has changed. I remeber a thread where full prep was required for CMRA days. The old lone star days were different, of course.

Ill try and find the thread later.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dugger View Post
    I dont know that it has changed. I remeber a thread where full prep was required for CMRA days. The old lone star days were different, of course.

Ill try and find the thread later.
    You do that...in the mean time new interested students can go to the new rider section of the forum and see the very first post by Nancy that details the bike requirements for the school etc...nice bit of information

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    CMRA BOD 2011-13, 2013-16
    AF1 Racing
    ted AT af1racing DOT com

I think the main point is that, until very recently, the license school had its own sessions during Friday practice where they could ride a merely track-prepped bike. This year, they don't. If they show up with a bike that's not race ready, they will only be able to get on track during the mock race.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Rossner View Post
    I think the main point is that, until very recently, the license school had its own sessions during Friday practice where they could ride a merely track-prepped bike. This year, they don't. If they show up with a bike that's not race ready, they will only be able to get on track during the mock race.
    not exactly accurate but I understand what your thinking.... Main point is if a person just wants to take the CMRA licensing school then the bike can meet the listed tech... CMRA school is mainly classroom and I will get the students on track in the afternoon....If they want to race then of course its full CMRA prep...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Mostly I'm just really sorry i tried to help by recommending the rider have a bike prepared to spec.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE