Thread: Saturday morning sprints

Saturday morning sprints

Through the first 3 rounds of this season Saturday morning sprint races have all been shortened to 5 laps (as they have been for several seasons), presumably to make room for the completion of the entire scheduled endurance races. By the third round last year we were back to running 6 laps for the LW classes but not this season.

My question is why haven't the endurance races been shortened to allow the Saturday morning sprints to reach the 6 lap race total?

I understand that there is a limited amount of daylight to get all scheduled races completed but I don't understand why only the sprints are shortened or why the endurance races aren't simply scheduled for, let's say, 5.5 hours rather 6..

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I didn't know this was happening. Saturday seemed to run fine, practice and all. I'd be interested to know as well.

I am not the race director but have asked him to chime in...I assume it may be due to daylight/time, and has simply been overlooked.....Sorry it hasn't been addressed yet.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Ashley,

My apologies for the freakishly slow reply.

The simple answer is lack of daylight early in the year. That combined with trying to build in a short lunch break on Saturday is why I shortened the ULW sprints and S30 races. Now that DLST has passed everything is back to full length. As for the endurance race lengths, Who ever heard of a 5.5qr Endurance.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)