FS: 2004 Suzuki GSXR750

Selling my 2004 Suzuki GSXR race bike. $2500

Penske Triple
    Woodcraft rearsets
    keyless ignition
    Pirelli Slicks with 1 race on them
    Race bodywork (unsure of brand)
    Fresh paint with a few scratches/chips
    Stock front forks from 2006 GSXR 1000 (fresh, new seals, oil and springs from Roger Albert)
    Full M4 exhaust
    Woodcraft engine covers
    Translogic QS

Bike has been sitting for a period of time where it does not run well. (maybe the ethanol fuel sitting in it) It does run, but needs tuned to be at top performance.

https://ibb.co/mVhCTQ

972-five two three- two 44 three

Brandon
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901
    Triple P Racing/ 2000 SV650 / 2004 GSXR-750

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    You say stock forks. What's with the AK Gas stickers?

How long is a "period of time?" Curious about that last time it was run, how was it doing? Speed? Lap times?
    Provisional Expert #98

Bike #
    I am keeping the AK forks for another project and putting stock forks on for the sale. The bike has been sitting since April 2016. I brought it to MCRC race April 2017 and the bike ran crappy. I have not touched it since. I raced #3 but was DQ due to slicks, and I did not race #19 due to the bike running crappy.
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901

Bike #
    BUMP- Make me an offer. All I can say is no. Bike is just sitting.
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901

Bike #
    $2200
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901

Interested. Please define "does not run well" and "running crappy." Is it something as simple as a fuel pump or just a simple tune? If you don't know the answer then please diagnose and repost. Thanks.

Bike #
    I don't think it is a fuel pump as the bike does run. The bike ran fine, then it sat for months and when I went to fire it up it sounds like its running on 2 cylinders. It could be plugs, old/bad gas...probably both It is not anything with the mechanics of the motor. It seems to be a tuning issue. Your in Dallas...I'm in Plano. If your interested come take a peek and listen to it with your ears. If I make the diagnosis and get the bike running up to par, the price would be higher. I don't have time to mess with it right now.
    Brandon Persell
    CMRA Novice #901

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    FWIW....I bet it's the fuel. I have that same bike and it started running bad after sitting a while and it turned out the ethanol in the gas had introduced some moisture in the tank and the inside of the tank had some rust that was clogging the fuel pump screen.

I drained and pulled the tank and fuel pump out of the tank and got out the larger rust particles and then reinstalled the fuel pump and put in a rust remover to clean the tank. It took about 3 days for it to work and you need to rotate the tank around about once a day to get the rust remover to cover all the tank. Anyway...once I got it de-rusted, I drained out the rust remover, put in new fuel, reinstalled and it was perfect again. Only cost was the rust remover which was about $20 a gallon and it took 3 gallons to get enough in to clean the tank.

Yours might not be nearly as bad as mine but even if it was, it was about $60 plus about 2 hours over 3 days to fix it.

Just sent you a text messag4e.