Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2020 Board of Directors Nomination Information

2018-2020 Board of Directors Nomination Information

Board of Directors Nominations

Attention all CMRA Members:

Nominations for the 2018-2020 CMRA Board of Directors will be open from July 1 - August 15, 2017. This year nominations will be submitted via an on-line election website: ElectionBuddy.com. All CMRA members will receive a nomination announcement email to the address that is currently on file. The email will be sent on July 1st from ElectionBuddy, so please check your spam folders if you don't receive it.

The terms of Allen Dye and Bill Syfan will be expiring, so this year there are two (2) open seats and we need your help to fill these. Both directors have served only one term and are therefore eligible to run again for a second term.

The criteria to serve on the Board of Directors is very simple; you need to be an Associate or Full Member, in good standing, for at least the preceding two (2) consecutive years (730 days) and have the desire to help guide the club moving forward. No special skills or credentials required… just your time and attention!

Here are some of the obligations of a CMRA Board Member:

-Attendance of Meetings: Meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis and are usually held at the CMRA office in Fort Worth or occasionally another location central to the BoD Members. Members should expect 3-4 meetings per year.

-Event Attendance: It is preferred that members attend as many race events as possible. This will provide both an opportunity to solicit feedback from the membership and provide the background information required to make decisions that guide the club.

-Message Board: Due to the geographic footprint of the CMRA, time sensitive items will commonly be handled via the Board of Directors page on the Message Board. You are requested to keep current with these items.

-Communications with the Administrative Staff and Race-Day Crew: At times the day-to-day operations of the club require correspondence with the staff and other Board Members.

-Be available for the membership: Field questions, carry requests to the Board for review and so on...
    Last edited by Nancy Selleck; 06-27-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

We are almost two weeks into the nomination period. Here is the list of CMRA members (in alphabetical order) who have been nominated so far:

Results for 2018-2020 Board Of Directors Nominations

**** INCOMPLETE RESULTS, ELECTION ONGOING ****

Started at: July 1, 2017 at 12:00 am
    Finished at: August 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm
    Time zone: Central Time (US & Canada)

45 of 546 ballots cast.

Candidate: 2018-2020 Board Of Directors Nominations
    Sean Brown
    Cory Burleson
    Alonzo Contreras
    Dewayne Davis
    Michael DeSimone
    * Danny Dominguez
    Jim Dugger
    Kim Eastburn
    David Felio
    Scott Finning
    Kyle Fox
    Ben Gooding
    Jeremy Harvey
    Robert Lackey
    Jessica Ladner
    Nick Lee
    John McKenzie
    Ron Mears
    Barry Nichols
    Kevin Randall
    Ryan Rutkowski
    Staton Shed
    Christina Shipley
    Michael Snyder
    David Sprague
    Bill Syfan
    Garet Tomlinson

* Danny Dominguez is a current Board Member and his term is not up until 2018, so there is no need to nominate him to run for the Board this year.

Before I send out nomination acceptance/declination forms, I will have to check to see if all of those nominated are qualified to run for the Board.
    Last edited by Nancy Selleck; 07-12-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Nancy Selleck

Per the bylaws, my eligibility is questionable. I rent storage space from a current board member and occasionally live there. I do spend more time in hotel rooms and away from that residence and my permanent mailing address is a different location. I feel that the situation is close enough to "shares the same permanent residence or domicile with an existing Director" that someone could raise it as an issue to my eligibility.

To avoid any potential conflict, I'll declare my own ineligibility now.

Nancy, you can scratch my name from the list.

Thank you,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    Per the bylaws, my eligibility is questionable. I rent storage space from a current board member and occasionally live there. I do spend more time in hotel rooms and away from that residence and my permanent mailing address is a different location. I feel that the situation is close enough to "shares the same permanent residence or domicile with an existing Director" that someone could raise it as an issue to my eligibility.

To avoid any potential conflict, I'll declare my own ineligibility now.

Nancy, you can scratch my name from the list.

Thank you,
    Michael
    Michael,

I have to follow protocol and send you a letter. You can decline the nomination on the "official" form. Letters will go out at the conclusion of the nomination period on 8/15/17.
    Nancy Selleck

Election Results for 2018-2020 Board Of Directors Nominations
    As of today, 8/10/17

**** INCOMPLETE RESULTS, ELECTION ONGOING ****

Started at: July 1, 2017 at 12:00 am
    Finished at: August 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm
    Time zone: Central Time (US & Canada)

55 of 546 ballots cast.

Candidate: 2018-2020 Board Of Directors Nominations
    Allen Dye: 2 votes (2.9%)
    Jeff Hughes: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Brandon Young: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Scott Finning: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Nick Lee: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Kevin Randall: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Staton Shed: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Michael Snyder: 1 vote (1.4%)
    David Felio: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Danny Dominguez : 1 vote (1.4%)
    David Sprague: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Barry Nichols: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Garet Tomlinson: 2 votes (2.9%)
    jim dugger: 2 votes (2.9%)
    Ben Gooding: 2 votes (2.9%)
    MICHAEL DESIOMONE: 1 vote (1.4%)
    COREY BURLESON: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Dave Felio: 3 votes (4.3%)
    Dewayne Davis: 2 votes (2.9%)
    Kyle Fox: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Alonzo Contreras: 2 votes (2.9%)
    Jeremy Harvey: 4 votes (5.7%)
    Jessica Ladner: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Christina Shipley: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Kim Eastburn: 3 votes (4.3%)
    John McKenzie: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Sean Brown: 21 votes (30.0%)
    Ron Mears: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Robert Lackey: 1 vote (1.4%)
    Ryan Rutkowski: 3 votes (4.3%)
    Bill Syfan : 5 votes (7.1%)

Sean Brown, Bill Syfan , and Jeremy Harvey win with 30.0%, 7.1%, and 5.7% of the vote each.
    Votes tallied: 70
    Abstentions: 19

Once again, not all nominees may be eligible to run for the Board of Directors. Here are the requirements: The criteria to serve on the Board of Directors is very simple; you need to be an Associate or Full Member, in good standing, for at least the preceding two (2) consecutive years (730 days) and have the desire to help guide the club moving forward. No special skills or credentials required… just your time and attention!

If for some reason a nominee let their membership lapse (or did not renew on time) and do not have 730 consecutive days, they will not be eligible.
    Nancy Selleck

Bike #
    I'm confused on whats being posted. Are we having to vote on who will even make the ballot, or is that just how the survey website is set up?
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    I'm confused on whats being posted. Are we having to vote on who will even make the ballot, or is that just how the survey website is set up?
    I did the same thing. I thought I was voting as to who would be on the ballot. I didn't have anyone I wanted to nominate so I didn't type in anyone's name and hit "submit". Now it looks like I was actually suppose to vote for someone?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    did the same thing, email and webpage indicated it was a nomination election.

"You have until ... to acknowledge receipt and nominate candidates." Website didn't list any names...

Sorry for the confusion. I've tried to make it as clear as possible when setting it up.

The titles above each post do say that it is results for NOMINATIONS and the "election" is from July 1st to August 15th. The information posted uses the wording "election" and it is confusing, I guess. The names listed show that some nominees have been nominated by more than one person...thus the "votes".

The actual election for the Board of Directors runs from October 1-31 and will list the nominated candidates. You will be able to vote for only 2.
    Nancy Selleck

Bike #
    So just to confirm; the above list is just everyone nominated. All those who accept a nomination and are eligible will appear on the ballot?

So if 20 people accept, and are eligible, there will be 20 names on the ballot come election time in October, correct?
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com