Thread: Suggestion to rule book

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Suggestion to rule book

Suggestion from me:

I'm not saying that we need to enforce this at tech, but I'm going to suggest that we have a statement like the following in the rule book:

"All riders are suggested to write their full name, date of birth, allergies to medication, medications prescribed, health conditions (diabetes etc) on the inside of their leathers by the zipper."

Maybe there is some privacy issue here and we can't enforce it, but we can suggest it...it's just a good idea. I'm going to guess that some people carry something on them if they have a health condition, but it might be in their wallet or in a pocket. If we all put this on the same place, it's easy for the paramedics.

This doesn't belong on a form, it belongs on the rider. When a rider is unconscious and be attended to by paramedics, these are the questions they need answered...interested to know if anyone here is a paramedic or can add anything to this.

Years ago, I had an involvement in stage rallying, and one of the car requirements was to have the driver and navigators blood type written beside their names on the car...I don't see this much anymore so I'm going to guess that paramedics have a test to quickly do to determine this.
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Something is already in the works for implementation soon.
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023
    Ex#29

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Rutkowski View Post
    Something is already in the works for implementation soon.
    awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021