Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TWS NEWS!

Last I checked MSRH was open for the same weekend as TWS. That to me would be the only real option because it is located in the same city (for the most part). I would love to do another track, but if it's further some people may need an extra day or two off work to drive there and back. That's just my 2 cents. But in the end, I'm down for whatever.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
    Since we're pipe dreaming in here, obviously, I like the idea of a one off event somewhere we've not been. Like, a consolation prize for losing tws?
    Ecr sucks.
    Harris hill is a joke.

Heartland park would be cool
    Colorado?
    Nola?
    Mexico?
    Chuckwalla? ��
    Phillip Island...

Sent using Tapatalk
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Contreras View Post
    Because I'm a visual person, here's what I would imagine a schedule could look like.

Thursday
    -regular practice schedule

Friday
    -regular Saturday morning sprints (or shootout sprints)
    -6 hour endurance

Saturday
    -Shootout sprints (or regular Saturday morning sprints)
    -6 hour endurance

Sunday
    -regular sprint schedule
    It's good in theory but also must consider other factors in addition to the time off considerations Fox raised.

1. Corner worker availability and pay
    2. CMRA staff also have other jobs
    3. EMS staffing

My opinion if Walter cannot secure a track for the planned days, is to do a one off BBE weekend somewhere ( H2R possibly as you could fit the 20ish teams that run that series, just not a full weekend attendance). Then have a 9 event sprint year. I don't see why we would shortern the LWE rounds. Those guys work just as hard and there are double the entries typically which equals CMRA income that helps pay for the track and other things.

Adding an extra day to Hallett is not an option for me, but I'm just one person so won't matter much.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    maybe it's already been discussed, but what about trying the same schedule Alonzo proposes for Houston, at Hallett...you'd get all BBE and ULWE rounds in and call it a double points weekend for sprints. Am I missing anyone(racing) here?
    For me, personally, we are too close to the date for me to be able to put in a request to take the extra day off work.
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    This might be a stupid question but I assume TWS has promptly returned any and all deposits placed by the CMRA, correct?
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Blog Entries
    Arroyo Seco?
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Walmart parking lot? I think Palmer Auditorium's parking lot was raced by some iteration of CMRA a long time ago, though they were still using leather helmets at the time. ;)
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Downtown Austin... Isle of Man style
    Provisional Expert #98

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    maybe it's already been discussed, but what about trying the same schedule Alonzo proposes for Houston, at Hallett..... and not worrying about TWS and if Houston will be race-able...and everyone can take off the season early! Probably doesn't work well for the CMRA books, but I'm game!
    Does that work out right....you'd get all BBE and ULWE rounds in and call it a double points weekend for sprints. Am I missing anyone(racing) here?
    Again, two work days off in just 2 1/2 weeks?! That's an even tougher ask for, I would guess, everyone?!

My first ever road race was at the Palmer Auditorium street/parking lot track during Austin Aquafest in 1985. CRRC administered it (remember registering with Connie Brothers), but I don't think it was an official CRRC event. I rode my 1982 Yamaha Seca 650 with pie plate number plates, wearing my father's Bates dirt track leathers from the 1960s, but I didn't crash and didn't finish dead last. Looking back, that track was a death trap. After I got my CRRC license in 1988, Aquafest had races out at the Texas Exposition and Heritage Center parking lot track---it was fun, but dangerous too...
    Former Expert #33, member since 1988, BOD 2001-2004, retired 2008, returned 2016.

I used to be fast. Ask me about my championships. Bring beer.