Thread: MSRH 'reserved' parking

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

MSRH 'reserved' parking

At the last event, after being one of the first through that gates, I got to my canopy spot only to find the entire parking area near there coned off. After a discussion with a CMRA official, I was told that MSRH had done it for their members and the CMRA didn't even know it was going to happen and was not happy about it. Has the CMRA discussed this with MSRH in regards to the upcoming weekend? Should we expect the same thing with the same areas coned off? In a more general question, when the CMRA rents a track, does the CMRA have the right to over rule the track if the track didn't specify that in the contract?
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Steven,

The information you were given was not entirely correct. The area you are referring to was not reserved for MSRH members only. It was reserved by the track as paid pit areas. These areas are available to anyone for $100 for the weekend. The track does reserve the right to do this at all events. In a meeting I had last week with track management I suggested that they post reserved parking signs in that area and cone it off prior to our arrival.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I know about the paid area, but that is not the area I am referring to. From what I recall, the paid area is the box in blue. The parking I am referring to is the red triangle.

www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    I wasn't aware there was an issue with that area. Either way as I said the track reserves the right to reserve parking.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    The paid area is in the garages to the right of the blue area or under the canopies arranged in a checkered pattern in the pic you provided. Neither the blue, nor the red area is a paid area.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Hodges View Post
    The paid area is in the garages to the right of the blue area or under the canopies arranged in a checkered pattern in the pic you provided. Neither the blue, nor the red area is a paid area.
    Bryan,

That is incorrect. In addition to the garages and the covered pit areas the area in blue is a also paid pit area. These spaces are available for $100 for the weekend.

The area in red is reserved parking for MSRH members.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    I wasn't aware there was an issue with that area. Either way as I said the track reserves the right to reserve parking.
    Thank you for the reply / clarification. The February round was the first time I had seen it marked off.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Bryan,

That is incorrect. In addition to the garages and the covered pit areas the area in blue is a also paid pit area. These spaces are available for $100 for the weekend.

The area in red is reserved parking for MSRH members.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was unaware.