Thread: Gen 2 SV650S Bodywork question

Gen 2 SV650S Bodywork question

I lowsided my 06 SV650 at the track and the front cowling and rear tail section are toast. It was in complete street trim.

I am looking for advice on what/where to find replacement fairings/cowlings. I don't care so much about the side fairings as I do the front cowling and tail section. OEM "street" replacements are fine too.

Anyone had any luck with EBay injection molded ABS plastic fairings?

I know SV racing.com has 2 options but they are $700-900 for the front cowling alone it looks like.

Any and all advice appreciated.

'05+ GSXR 600/750 bodywork fits great with minor bracket making to be completely sturdy with the upper. The tail is pretty much a perfect fit with little/ no mods.

The Ebay plastic or fibeglass is not bad, the plastic will break in the many small pieces when crashed and it is made for tail lights- also usually in two or three pieces to assemble for the tail section along.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post
    '05+ GSXR 600/750 bodywork fits great with minor bracket making to be completely sturdy with the upper.
    You need to have the GSXR front fairing stay too, it bolts right up to the SV.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Excellent info y'all.

Just saw hot bodies is doing a 1/2 sale. https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/prod...k-annual-sale/

Can get full bodywork with brackets for 400$, pretty good deal I think?

Think I can get GSXR plastic and stay for any cheaper?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Camp View Post
    Excellent info y'all.

Just saw hot bodies is doing a 1/2 sale. https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/prod...k-annual-sale/

Can get full bodywork with brackets for 400$, pretty good deal I think?

Think I can get GSXR plastic and stay for any cheaper?!
    Used, yes. I wouldn't buy new personally. There are better sets of "cheap" bodywork on Ebay for $300 shipped to your door. I'd get that if you get new. You should be able to find stays in good shape used all day long.

If you're a serious racer and run a full season of sprints and/ or endurance, I'd get better bodywork from Sharkskinz or Armor is ok too. Optimal makes some good stuff too that's not too expensive.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I have stock tail and front fairing for an sv. They aren't perfect but easy repaint and your good.
    Eric Johnson
    Nov #183

Awesome. PM sent.