Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Championship Endurance Format

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Lightbulb 2018 Championship Endurance Format

After quite a bit of brainstorming and discussion this is what we have come up with for the 2018 Championship Endurance series.

The current classes and rules will remain unchanged for 2018.

There will be four 4Hr races and one 6Hr race.

We will be adding a new division for teams of up to 4 riders and 4 machines.

The classes in this new division will be HW/MW/LW.

The largest displacement machine on the team will determine the class that the team must enter.

Each team will use one transponder. The transponder must be moved to the next machine at each rider/machine change. (There will be no protests for failing to swap the transponder) There will be no limit on the number of rider /machine changes during a race.

Machines on each team must have the same team number on the front only. (Plate and number color TBA)

All endurance pit stop and fueling rules will apply.

This new division will have its own overall and class championships
    Last edited by Walter Walker; 11-04-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I really appreciate you getting this out today, your timing couldn't be any better. LOL! We are meeting in an hour to organize our team for next year and put a proposal together for a prospective sponsor.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Sounds like a fun new class. I'm a little bummed about the loss of big bike T60, but we'll adjust.
    '13 and '17 Daytonas
    '14 Duc 1199R
    '14 Grom
    South Central Race Center
    Pirelli

2018 Championship Endurance Format

Question about the new division.

Will those multi-bike teams be allowed to work on or refuel bikes behind the wall while one of their other bikes is on track?

Seems allowing that would alleviate the need for special quick change and refuel mods. The only pit time lost for those teams would be with the swapping of the transponder (passing the baton).

This could be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

I've been saying (mostly to myself) that this is the way to save BBE...basically a longer format Team 60. I love it!
    Expert #170

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I'm wondering since it will be an additional class:

- Will it pull from the existing teams, or even more so, multiple teams since an existing team may not have 4 riders that all have race bikes of that class

- Will it bring in new blood with a group of riders that were uncomfortable riding someone else's bike?

In the case of LW, I don't know if there are that many other SV owners to be able to make very many teams without pulling owners from existing teams.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fields View Post
    Question about the new division.

Will those multi-bike teams be allowed to work on or refuel bikes behind the wall while one of their other bikes is on track?

Seems allowing that would alleviate the need for special quick change and refuel mods. The only pit time lost for those teams would be with the swapping of the transponder (passing the baton).

This could be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
    Pretty simple, all they have to do is move the transponder from one bike to the next, please don't get hung up on "pit time lost" , for now this class will not be scored in the BBE for overall points....just points for its own class, just run with BBE.. Roll a full fuel tanked bike onto hot pit and put tire warmers on it as close to the edge as you can get and wait! ha

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gilliland View Post
    I've been saying (mostly to myself) that this is the way to save BBE...basically a longer format Team 60. I love it!
    Thanks on behalf of all that gave ideas and gave input...and for being open minded enough to give it a shot.
    Last edited by Danny Dominguez; 11-05-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    I'm wondering since it will be an additional class:

- Will it pull from the existing teams, or even more so, multiple teams since an existing team may not have 4 riders that all have race bikes of that class

- Will it bring in new blood with a group of riders that were uncomfortable riding someone else's bike?

In the case of LW, I don't know if there are that many other SV owners to be able to make very many teams without pulling owners from existing teams.
    I /we don't know the answer to question 1 yet..its a max of 4 riders, can be 2 can be 3...biggest displacement bike on the team deternibs class entry (rider A has sv650.rider B has Gsxr1000, rider C has a 600 the team is an unlimited entrty,,,,,Question 2 hopefully....I can see teams actually using take offs for this to save money, most bikes will only do 40-45mins on a standard tank....lw teams may want to just stay the normal course of BBE.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I like the idea of this format a lot and already thinking of putting something together,

I’m curious to see the rules of where the team’s bikes are placed during the race. Thanks for making the change and look forward to the schedule .