Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

if someone is going to run C SBK as well as F1... and those classes qualifying will be combined. A good assumption would be that they will just carry over one Q time for both classes?

it seems like a really simple question but it feels like it has to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    We also have a full year to figure all that out and update/change systems if needed.

Yes you’re right, it’s never been done. Should probably take a year or two to figure out how we do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coming up with the color schemes is the easy part. Making sure the system doesn't crash when two people with a #1 plate end up in the same race could be more work. It's a solvable problem though, it just needs to be solved.

Hey, I'm retired

No doubt it can all be worked out with a bit of thought .... glad you're 'on the case', I'll relax and move forward to spectating
    At this rate I'll believe it when I see it :D

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Our system will handle alpha numeric.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    There is a problem with running F1 and C qualifying together.. What if someone has a 1k and a 600?? That would make qualifying a challenge for them.

Also, What if a 600 rides up in 1k classes? Couldn't someone on a 600 theoretically be a 1k and 600 Champ? I like our current system where someone earns points through various races rather than just focusing on a single class.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    There is a problem with running F1 and C qualifying together.. What if someone has a 1k and a 600?? That would make qualifying a challenge for them.
    While I dont think we have anyone that would be in that situation now if it did happen then we would have to split that session.

Also, What if a 600 rides up in 1k classes? Couldn't someone on a 600 theoretically be a 1k and 600 Champ?.
    There would be no issues with this. In fact there is a very good chance that it would happen.

I like our current system where someone earns points through various races rather than just focusing on a single class.
    No offence intended to our current and past #1 plate holders but the only way to win a real championship is through head to head competition. In our current system we seldom have that.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    While I dont think we have anyone that would be in that situation now if it did happen then we would have to split that session.
    I don't either but it remains a high possibility. I'd prefer to do one session if at all possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    No offence intended to our current and past #1 plate holders but the only way to win a real championship is through head to head competition. In our current system we seldom have that.
    That is a very good point but we already have championships in every class. The overall is a nice way to recognize good performance over multiple classes. Theoretically any expert could compete with anyone that is in the running by buying a bike that fits in the classes their competitor is running.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I agree with Jordan on this. The way it is set up now honors class champions and the #1 plate honors the most dominant over all irregardless of class. Cleland came in and took #1 from Daniel, and so can anyone else that is that dominant. However, Daniel was more dominant overall this year than David and Doug or anyone that competed in his/her respective multiple classes. He was not faster, but more dominant overall. I like that. David and Doug were awesome, but did not dominate their respective races as Daniel did. Again I like that.

Taking away F40 and rookie expert classes makes this an honor for over all dominance on an even playing field.

As a past #1 plate winner (never got a #1 plate trophy and kinda bummed about it lol) I personally like one #1... It kinda would seem like a participation award to have more than one #1... If someone wants a number 1 on there bike then they can race any class, I raced and won 9 class championships to win mine. Not saying you have to do that to win but.... Just my opinion.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    But lets not leave out those Saturday Racers anymore!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I think it would be good to give points for small bike classes, and combined novice/expert classes. i.e.Classic, modern classic, f3...